[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/a rticles/PMC2842692/?r

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (104KB, 460x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 460x360px
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2842692/?report=classic
- Summary: The serotonin transporter removes serotonin from the synapse, preventing an agonistic reaction. SERT has (Among others) an S allele and and L allele, and the S allele is correlated with lower SERT, and the L allele with higher SERT. S is correlated with collectivism, and L with individualism.

>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pcn.12157/full
- Summary: A C>T polymorphism of Tyrosine hydroxylase, leading to increased dopamine synthesis, is correlated with higher IQ in schizophrenics both before and after the beginning of their illness, as well as superior retention of executive functioning.

Medically, low serotonin is correlated with violence;

>http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/doi/pdf/10.1176/jnp.15.3.294

This suggests to me that higher levels of serotonin evolved to deal with high population densities - high serotonin pacifies a population. Medically, we dose people with SSRI's to improve their behavior. As well, supporting the hypothesis that increased dopamine synthesis should result in higher IQ, amphetamine increases dopamine by inhibiting the dopamine transporter, and this is the basis of it's use as an ADHD medication.

Females have a lower incidence of ADHD than males, and females have higher levels of dopamine;

>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2711771/

Women have more serotonin as well, and this explains their lower rates of violence. Blacks seem to have lower dopamine, and higher rates of ADHD;

>http://scottbarrykaufman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Beaver-et-al.-Dopamine.pdf

What this means is that the typical regimen of antipsychotics and SSRI's lowers IQ. I've used dopamine agonists, and I get the impression of increased intelligence under their influence. Evidence suggests that this is real, rather than just self delusion;

>http://jechbeta.bmj.com/content/early/2011/10/28/jech-2011-200252
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (252KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
252KB, 480x640px
I go through a pound of cacao a month

at least a half oz in coffee every day..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3575938/

add some black pepper and ghost peppers

or substitute coconut milk for the coffee at night for some hot chocolate
>>
>>8598057
>cacao
Whatchout for heavy.
What are the benefits so far?
>>
>>8598039
>This suggests to me
Stopped reading
>>
>>8598066
how would one test/ doe improvements?

I am assuming benefits and enjoy the overall mood enhancing

as for heavy ...did you mean metals?

I take horsetail which has silica that binds to metals as well as selenium which blocks the damage to neurons from mercury
>>
>>8598086
>enjoy the overall mood enhancing
Well, that's a benefit.
>>
>>8598039
You have citations but an incredibly naive and oversimplified view of psychopharmacology.
>>
>>8598039
Dumbass
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 550x550px
>>8598057

OP here. I eat raw garlic (An MAOI,) which prevents the dopamine synthesized from the L-dopa I take from being metabolized. Tea inhibits the dopamine transporter, and the caffeine from the tea and the coffee agonizes the A2A/D2 GPCR's. Feverfew inhibits serotonin release, and dopaminergic neurons often receive inhibitory serotonin signals.

I don't feel tired, but I fall right to sleep when I lay down. My heart isn't pounding, but I feel pounding in my abdomen and groin - I think the L-dopa acts as an aphrodesiac.

>>8598357

I made this post to show others the correlation between serotonin levels and social organization. My hypothesis is that different human groups have different genes, and that culture is a result of the bodies produced by those genes.

High levels of serotonin produce conformist societies, because people with high serotonin are, in essence, addicted to high serotonin - they submit to the group so that they'll be accepted and allowed to have their serotonin rise again. The role of serotonin in hierarchy is well established.

My second hypothesis is that dopamine is the most important factor in IQ, and that you have blacks with higher rates of ADHD and less dopamine, and whites with lower ADHD rates and higher dopamine.

Occam's razor - the simpler explaination is the best. No matter how naive my hypothesis may seem, it fits the evidence.
>>
>>8598785
Being violent and dumb are two different things.

>My hypothesis is that different human groups have different genes, and that culture is a result of the bodies produced by those genes.
Your hypothesis is false.
All human populations have pretty much the same genes, the frequencies of the genes are what's different.

>dopamine is the most important factor in IQ
I've seen many, many IQ studies, who identify genetic markers who have like a 0.3 IQ points, 1% of IQ difference correlations and they have nothing to do with dopamine.

Very unsubstantiated and speculative. The only reason any of this sounds logical to you is because as you admit, it's naive and simple.
>>
>>8598785
Occams razor is only relevant when actively comparing hypotheses of equivalent power. This ignores so many other factors both biological and environment. I think on this sense, this is why pharmacological treatments are at best mixed effectiveness and sometimes dont work at all even when we know a fair ammount about specific mechanisms.

Im also not sure serotonin works like that. I dont think you can get addicted to it.
>>
>>8598785
>I eat raw garlic
is this actually enjoyable? I love garlic but I wouldn't eat it straight, got to cut it with something.
>>
>>8598807
Groups having different frequencies literally works just as well.

I think its well considered true dopamine is implicated in aspects of iq e.g working memory, though ofcourse it isnt the only factor.
>>
>>8598813
I love it
>>
>>8598817
>Groups having different frequencies literally works just as well.
No it doesn't.

Think about it, you'll find out why. If you can't then you should get on dopamine agonists, to help you out.
>>
>>8598831
If two populations have different frequencies then doesnt that mean one will have more of a certain variant than the other?
>>
File: ratogif.gif (990KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
ratogif.gif
990KB, 245x184px
>>8598039
Look. We have a psychologist trying to do real science.
>>
>>8598842
Betacuck fag
>>
>>8598821
What do you do, just pop a clove in your mouth?

I'm serious, I have a bulb of garlic in the fridge and am curious. Pls no troll.
>>
>>8598848
Just swallow whole.
>>
>>8598847
not that other guy, but sick comeback.
>>
File: 1484043759854.jpg (286KB, 1013x896px) Image search: [Google]
1484043759854.jpg
286KB, 1013x896px
>>8598849
>want to try this but scared of shitting brains out
>>
>>8598848
With water. Or just eat in salad if you eat alot of that stuff
>>
>>8598852
But desu swallowing whole is socially alot safer.
>>
>>8598813
>>8598821
>>8598848
>>8598849
>>8598852
>>8598855
>>8598859

>Side Effects

>Although the most common side effects of garlic consumption are body odor and bad breath, some people taking garlic supplements, which are more potent than garlic cloves, have also experienced uncontrolled bleeding after surgery, according to the Linus Pauling Institute. Chewing garlic cloves may cause heartburn, nausea, abdominal pain or vomiting. Garlic allergies can trigger asthma or skin reactions in some people, and direct exposure of garlic to skin for six hours or longer can cause serious reactions, including skin lesions.

idk man doesn't seem worth it
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 539x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 539x567px
>>8598807

>Your hypothesis is false. All human populations have pretty much the same genes, the frequencies of the genes are what's different

Different populations have different frequencies of alelles - which is what I speak of in my post. These alleles code for different forms of the same proteins, and these tiny differences produce all the diversity of humanity.

Some people have low serotonin, and others have high serotonin. The frequency of the S allele of SERT is only about 45% among Europeans, but 70% in China.

>I've seen many, many IQ studies, who identify genetic markers who have like a 0.3 IQ points, 1% of IQ difference correlations and they have nothing to do with dopamine

In this paper;

>http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/pcn.12157/full

The difference between C/C carriers and T carriers was over 20 points. So, my hypothesis explains 20 points of difference.

>Very unsubstantiated and speculative

I have a paper that substantiates a 20 point IQ difference due simply to the rate-limiting enzyme in dopamine synthesis. I believe that the reason you oppose my hypothesis is due to the innate understanding that high levels of dopamine leads to dominant behavior - society wants an excuse to use drugs to destroy trouble makers, who are defined by the alpha males.

These same alpha males consume dopamine agonists like cocaine and meth. They're using drugs to destroy their competition.

>>8598811

>Occams razor is only relevant when actively comparing hypotheses of equivalent power

And mine is the stronger hypothesis - it explains at lease 20 points of difference.

>>8598813

It tastes like ass, actually. According to the paper, heat destroys the MAOI properties. I assume that the burn is caused by serotonin release - the feverfew is also used to impair the serotonin release from the garlic.
>>
>>8598874
Not that much more side effects than eating peanuts. Side effects are rare, just precautionary or no one wpuld buy supplements/eat it. You wont die.
>>
>>8598039
You do realize that too much dopamine causes disorganized thinking and delusions, right? If more dopamine increases IQ then why can't I focus without my anti-psychotics? Do you even know what 'mania' is? I get it pretty badly and I can't think straight for shit. I can barely count to ten. I also get disassociation so bad where I get "identity issues". And I don't mean that in the tumblr sense. I have more mental illnesses than you could think of yet I live a pretty normal life, IF I'm on my medicine. You need to get schooled on this shit brah.
>>
>>8598878
20 points difference? One paper. Some of your stuff e.g. about blacks is unsubstantiated. What is your hypothesis again?
>>
>>8598885
Cognitive problems in schizophrenia are caused by lack of dopamine in prefrontal area. Tbh we really dont know how or why antipsychotics work properly.
>>
File: image.jpg (458KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458KB, 1920x1080px
>>8598874

OP here - I can confirm that garlic thins your blood. I also got formication - a symptom of excess dopamine - when I started eating it. Raw, herbal garlic is strong enough to cause noticable effects.

The pro-sexual effects are massive. As I said in >>8598785, I feel pumping blood in my groin and abdomen, and I feel very aroused. I'm working myself into a quiver as I write this, and I'm sticky like I just did meth.

Also, I've entered into a religious mania and think I'm god. I'm really posting here to get other people to do nootropics, because mainstream medicine poisons people with anti-psychotics and SSRI's, and education is useless.

With herbs and eugenics, we can eliminate the alleles that lead to high serotonin and low dopamine, and turn outselves into a species of libertarians.
>>
>>8598902
And what's your source?
>>
>>8598885
Youre right though neurotransmitter effects are not linear. Oftentime resembles an inverted u curve
>>
>>8598913

I am >>8598874, you convinced me, I just swallowed half a clove. Was like the biggest fucking pill ever, I can feel it going down.

Will report if I feel something.
>>
>>8598917
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=schizophrenia+hypodopaminergic&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=cxt5WMqFFMjW8gf-kqS4CA

Not that hard to find desu. First came across from bsc dissertation where simulate schizophrenoc symptoms in rats
>>
>>8598929
ps guys don't try to swallow a whole clove. I did the half and I felt like I might choke for a moment. I think I'm ok. chop it up into smaller pieces.
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 580x453px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 580x453px
>>8598885

>You do realize that too much dopamine causes disorganized thinking and delusions, right

And varifiable IQ increases. Does an ape understand stop signs? To be honest, I think humans who've taken dopamine agonists, or who were born with the right alleles, are able to think on a higher level - Paul Erdos swore by dopamine agonists.

>If more dopamine increases IQ then why can't I focus without my anti-psychotics

Because the antipsychotics killed huge numbers of dopaminergic neurons. If you stop taking them, the holes in your brain don't magically regrow - but cannabis can help with that.

>Do you even know what 'mania' is?

Sweaty palms, a racing heart, and an overpowering desire to masturbate because you're The One.

>I also get disassociation so bad where I get "identity issues"

I like feeling like a spider who lives in my head. I've noticed that the dissosociation comes with the increased libido - I would say the dissosociation arouses me. Since I started my regimen, I've had trouble feeling bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 919x1413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 919x1413px
>>8598897

>20 points difference? One paper

Erdos swore by dopamine agonists, and amphetamine is prescribed to people with academic problems, meaning that adademic problems are cured by exactly what my hypothesis prescribes.

>Some of your stuff e.g. about blacks is unsubstantiated

Parkinsons symptoms are worse in blacks thab in whites;

>http://www.pdf.org/en/science_news/release/pr_1292962633

L-dopa is *the* medicine for parkinson's - again, my hypothesis is standard practice in medicine. In this link;

>https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fscottbarrykaufman.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F07%2FBeaver-et-al.-Dopamine.pdf

Blacks are shown to have higher frequencies of the DAT alleles that cause a higher rate of dopamine metabolism - they remove dopamine from their synapses quicker. This causes levels of dopamine to drop in the brain and body, and according to the other paper I linked to explains exactly the 20 points that seperate whites and blacks. Moreover, it explains why many whites are also dumb, and how we can fix all these people with herbs.

>What is your hypothesis again?

That dopamine is the most important factor in IQ, that low serotonin predicts politics and anti-social behavior, and that a high-dopamine low-serotonin phenotype is behind most human genius. Moreover, drugs can be used yo enhance IQ, and these drugs are found in common herbs like garlic.

>>8598929

Eat that garlic boys - eat it all!
>>
>>8598929
I feel giddy, I don't know if it's the garlic or because I narrowly avoided choking to death (live alone).
>>
>>8598990

>Dopamine, literally the thing that gets you going and trying out things leads to higher IQ
>Serotonin, literally the thing that gets you stopping because you get satisfied and pacified by it is bad for higher IQ

No shit Sherlock.
Any halfwit who looked up these things could have figured it out.
>>
>>8598972
How long until I want to beat off

My dick feels normal... I do feel a little strange though
>>
File: image.jpg (472KB, 803x931px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
472KB, 803x931px
>>8599030

So why do they prescribe SSRI's if they lower IQ? I argue that the alpha males are using drugs to destroy the competition. Part of my hypothesis was that increasing my dopamine would make me more socially dominant, and my regimen has done that. Serotonin and serotonin agonists (Like LSD,) are known to cause anxiety - low levels make you think something is wrong, and dopamine gives you the will to fix it.

Moreover, low dopamine, being the cause of low IQ, is the cause of poverty, violence and every other chain around society's neck - we owe it to the stupid, as well as the people who pay for them to cure this problem with the drugs we have that we know do the job.

Moreover, why are dopamine agonists illegal - could it be because the elite, known for making it's money on drugs, wants to prevent other people from self-improvement? Would you put it passed drug lords who cut off heads to consciously sabotage other people?

What I will say is that there's also a correlation between high dopamine, low serotonin and violence - because you're worth it. Non-violence is a form of submission, and the elite love double standards - the entire Mexican army was fired because of drug corruption.

When you work yourself up into a mania, I can say that morality goes out the window. I avoid social interaction where I'm controlled by others - I think the violence from dopamine agonists comes from the desire to retain boring, painful social interaction.

Low serotonin makes you feel like a ghost - someone insults you, and it feels like a movie. When people start laughing, you have to walk away - and when they call me insane as I walk off, I can tell they're trying to lower my serotonin so that I want to please them to raise it again.

I feel like the next state in evolution - I can see the rest of the human race coming to my same conclusions.

>>8599040

Garlic is just an MAOI - you need to combine it with a dopamine agonist like cannabis, coffee, L-dopa, etc.
>>
>It's another broscience /x/tard episode...
>>
>>8599103
I've had 2 cups of coffee before the clove. I'll drink the rest of the pot.

Pretty much out of pot atm
>>
File: image.jpg (275KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275KB, 640x640px
>>8599112

Yeah, I'm soaring on coffee at the moment. When I smoke weed and drink coffee, I get a visual effect where the world looks like anime - a symptom of 'excess' dopamine.
>>
>>8598039

What about norepinephrine OP?
What good is motivation from dopamine if you have no energy?
>>
File: 1476303623734.jpg (30KB, 522x593px) Image search: [Google]
1476303623734.jpg
30KB, 522x593px
>>8599134
I've always mixed weed and coffee. Some people say they hate it but I get all the benefits of weed and the caffeine cuts through the fog.

I actually have a tiny bit of pot, so we'll see if this clove produces a different reaction. I have a sense of euphoria.
>>
>>8598785
My IQ is over 120 and I have very bad ADHD. I can read whatever I'll like for any length of time but I tend to not focus on what I'm doing and I'll often lose things if I don't make a habit of checking.
>>
>>8599103
One problem with dopamine is side effects and high addiction potential.
>>
>>8599103
You are oversimplifying it so much to say dopamine causes and can fix all these things and you dont realise the deficits it can cause. Not through genes but by agonists.
>>
>>8599103
Also im not sure serotonin even has all that big a direct on mood. Some but not dominant massive factor. Studies in depression show many of its effects can be more indirect too via memory.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.