[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You major in physics >You graduate with <3 GPA >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Angry Pepe.jpg (2KB, 133x133px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pepe.jpg
2KB, 133x133px
>You major in physics
>You graduate with <3 GPA
>No chance of grad school
What would you do?
>>
>>8597895
I got shitty undergrad GPA in Bio and did a Master's degree to beef up my profile. It helps that my parents are rich.
>>
>>8597895
Rely on my publications to help push me over the line.

You DID get published didn't you?
>>
File: 1481030366950.png (259KB, 494x572px) Image search: [Google]
1481030366950.png
259KB, 494x572px
retake classes to boost your GPA what else?

pic related is you.
>>
>>8597993
Wait. You're supposed to publish BEFORE you graduate college? I don't buy that. It's very rare.
>>
>>8598011
If you want a career in the sciences.
>>
>>8597895
Switch career, become a private school teacher or get into Finance or some programming shit.
>>
>>8597895
chemistry?

>>8598011
yeah, it's extremely rare, and even when it does happen it's usually in some obscure society's conference proceedings
>>
>>8597895
>>You major in physics
>>You graduate with <3 GPA

How the fuck do you screw up so hard?
>>
>>8597895
You were fucked from the start if you had 'plans' to go to grad school (in what, just 'physics'?) but couldn't come up with a concrete plan to achieve your goal.
>>
>>8597895
>What would you do?

Catch up on your shit, take one or two non-matriculated classes wherever you can in physics. Get into grad school anyways.

ffs a low gpa definitely doesnt mean you cant get into grad school, enough with the doomsday speak.
>>
>>8598065
Nah bro you need that 4.0 gpa and at least 10 papers published to even have a chance
>>
>>8598067
>Nah bro you need that 4.0 gpa and at least 10 papers published to even have a chance

lmfao
>>
>>8598067
Dude are you joking? I have 5 nobel prizes and synthesized my own loli in a particle accelerator and i still got rejected by my state uni.
>>
>>8598129
>synthesized my own loli
teach me pls
>>
Try to find a job as a tech or lab manager, then bust your ass. Getting your name out can only help you; having professors throw their weight around for you could push you over the top. Look into a master's to get your GPA up.

>>8598011

Neither do I. I've seen a few undergrads who have gotten second or third or n-th authorships working for grad students or post-docs. But, I have never seen a lab in which an undergrad would be in a position (e.g. "intellectual contribution") to publish as a first author.
>>
>>8597895

Get a job.
Save some money.
Learn some German.
Go to do master in Germany.
Actually work hard this time.
>>
>>8597990
How bad
>>
>>8598134
That's not a loli but a succubus
>>
>>8598046
Fuck off cuckling
>>
>>8597895
Teach high school physics
>>
>>8598263

It was from Cornell though so I think that helped mitigate the crappiness.
>>
>>8598259
What if he's not a muslim?
>>
>>8598347

Convert? Duh.
>>
>>8598293
Where'd you do your masters
>>
>>8597895
Many grad schools may accept you for a masters. You'll have to settle for a low-tier school if not unranked, and it will be completely profit driven.

Sorry you're a brainlet anon.
>>
>be in masters of mathematical physics
>probably just going to scrape through with first class honours average
>no publications
>only original work in thesis is expanding on proofs and definitions in higher level books and papers to help other grad students

How fucked am I. My supervisor is convinced I'm going to do a PhD but I'm not quite in that elite bracket you need to be for my field.
>>
>>8598410

> My supervisor is convinced I'm going to do a PhD

Ask him to take you.
Unless you meant supervisor as in PhD student.
Then ask his boss.

It's totally normal not to do PhD in science. Not everyone is that smart and driven.
>>
>>8597895
Do whatever you did in your second major.

Oh way, don't tell me you *only* majored in physics anon.

>>8598046
Depends on the field.
>>
>>8598432
Errr I think he would but my school isn't exactly the best. It might be 30ish in the world. I kind of want to go to a top 15 school if I do a PhD. I work in integrability right now and it seems you have to be genius tier to do anything appreciable in it.
>>
>>8598450

> I think he would but my school isn't exactly the best. It might be 30ish in the world.

Wait, you're bragging? Here on /sci/.

> I kind of want to go to a top 15 school if I do a PhD.

Oh no, you're just delusional.

> I work in integrability right now and it seems you have to be genius tier to do anything appreciable in it.

You're wrong.
>>
>>8597990
must be nice to be pampered all your life
>>
>>8598463
I'm in Australia m8, all my professors and lecturers I've talked to have recommended going overseas to a better uni to do my PhD.
>>
>>8597895
Enroll as a non-degree student, retake the Physics courses you did badly in and then start taking grad level courses. Once you do this, apply to grad schools.
>>
>>8597895
><3 GPA
If I was that dumb I'd probably remove myself from the gene pool.
>>
File: classic_pepe_circa_2009.jpg (99KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
classic_pepe_circa_2009.jpg
99KB, 600x800px
>>8597895
>You major in ANY engineering
>You graduate with <3 GPA
>No need of grad school since I have tons of jobs available to me
>60k$ starting

physicucks truly are the lowest scum on Earth.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.