[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm learning calculus 1 and 2 for the first time and and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1483696179795.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483696179795.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'm learning calculus 1 and 2 for the first time and and have heard people say how difficult it is, so have worked a big scary bogeyman image of it inside my head. It has been smooth sailing so far. Learning differentiation first, have covered the quotient rule, power rule, constant multiple rule, sum rule, and their proofs so far. What are the more difficult concepts to look out for? T-t-thanks guys.
>>
>>8597880
Everything afterword. You're going to fail.

Now fuckig kys brainlet
>>
>>8597883
P-p-please no bully.
I even gave you a nice webm.
>>
>>8597880
I'm in Cal3 and everything seems ok so far. Don't worry so much.
>>
Related rates, optimization, and weird-ass limits were the things i mainly struggled with in calc I. And also i had some dumb misconceptions at first.

If you actually read each chapter and do the assignments, and you're not a dumbass, you should do okay. After that there's just integration.
>>
File: 20170113_054248.jpg (3MB, 1985x2262px) Image search: [Google]
20170113_054248.jpg
3MB, 1985x2262px
>>8597896
I still have this to cover for differentiation.
I'm probably a retard, senpai.
>>
>>8597880
The limits of exponentiated and logarithmic functions.
But really the course is all about readying you to think in terms of geometry. Hey, If you have a round paper r=6in and you cut a slice out of it, what's the size of the slice you cut out to make the remaining sides of paper, when brought together to make a cone, have the maximum volume??
>>
Anything can be extremelly difficult or extremelly easy depending on the approach and intentions of the professor. Factoring expressions is hard if you're studying for IMO, but it's the easiest thing on 9th grade. Calculus is basically the same thing. You can do hard exercises or you can stick to the mechanical algorithms and repetitive problem lists.
>>
>>8597928
Wanna explain the answer?
>>
>>8597942
I'm doing studying at a long distance university (Open University for UK people), I don't really have a proff, but I can email him. So far I've been just learning from the textbook, it's very good.
>>
>Calculus
Isn't that a high-school subject?
>>
>>8597880

> bragging on /sci/

Good job, OP. Go get straight-A.
>>
File: 1453700573476.gif (3KB, 178x92px) Image search: [Google]
1453700573476.gif
3KB, 178x92px
it's almost entirely mechanical in the sense that you're given a problem and there is always an algorithm or operation that will solve the problem, and all you need to do is memorize the procedure

this might not be the case later when you have to work through some fairly complicated substitution problems or proofs, which require a bit of ingenuity to make an "educated guess" about how to proceed

do you want calculus to be difficult?
go for rudin's analysis book
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.