[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>b-but Anon! Euclid is an informal system of mathe- Let me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: euclidmodernrivals.jpg (321KB, 1746x1528px) Image search: [Google]
euclidmodernrivals.jpg
321KB, 1746x1528px
>b-but Anon! Euclid is an informal system of mathe-
Let me stop you there. It can be proven formally, and verified using computerized systems
>b-but Anon, the fifth postulate.
Does have alternatives. Pic related. But Charles Dodgson went ahead and proved that Euclid's axiom results in the most simple determination of the 27th prop.

There is literally nothing wrong with Euclid. Prove me wrong.
>>
book related
http://www.unco.edu/nhs/mathsci/facstaff/Miller/personal/diagrams/euclid20thcenturyrivalsmiller.pdf
>>
It assumes the existence of reals, because for the objects to exist and have properties postulated by Euclid they have to have irrational coordinates, but as we all know perfectly well the reals don't exist, and therefore Euclid's axioms are logically incoherent and therefore are bullshit
>>
>>8598694
The existence of reals? The definitions are proofs enough. And they are hardly a priori. I don't believe you can really call anything a priori until you hit postulate five. Then you're dealing with two lines, two angles, and a postulate which depends on another postulate. I understand that mathematical judgments can be synthetical, however why is it that the definitions are necessarily informal?

The main problem lies in postulate five my friend and many agree that the definitions are solid and even can be formally accepted mathematically.
>>
>>8598694

All math has axioms.
>>
>>8598694
>It assumes the existence of reals
Stopped reading right there. You /wild/tards are truly the lowest life-forms
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.