[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you do it? How do you waste hours a day looking at symbols

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Fuck this.jpg (167KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck this.jpg
167KB, 610x343px
How do you do it?
How do you waste hours a day looking at symbols and reading papers, slaving away when you could be doing something entertaining?
This is my barrier to finishing even undergrad, I don't know how someone could like this stuff enough to make a career out of it.
>>
>>8596417
>slaving away when you could be doing something entertaining?

I never slave away. I am always doing something entertaining. And when I get bored of doing said entertaining thing, I put the book down and then go jerk off or something.
>>
>>8596417
Because it's fun. You're getting a glimpse into the mind of a genius.
>>
They enjoy it. That's it; it's that simple.

If you don't get hard over writing down abstract symbols and ideas then it's not for you.
>>
>>8596417

For the money and bitches.
Delayed gratification.
>>
>>8596437
Sometimes I'll feel interested in learning physics or math and study for a few hours, but the following days any interest beyond wanting to study (but not being able to) is just gone.
Know how to deal with that?
>>
>>8596461
Learn to be self-motivated, faggot.
"OMG, I don't feel like work hard and studying every second of every day, what do I do? Waht do other people do?"
>>
>>8596475
If I liked what I was studying, I'd study it, no?
>>
>waste hours a day looking at symbols

Our life expectancy is unfairly short and our insignificancy to the universe is unfairly obvious.

However, unlike the overwhelming majority of Earth's biomass, we are at least lucky to have the gift of curiosity during our blink-of-an-eye lifespans.

This curiosity draws some of us into looking at our world and not being content with taking its peculiarities at face value. We ask "why?" and we ask "how?" and when there's no more answers left to chase, we try to find them ourselves.

Understanding how to communicate in the language of mathematics requires a large investment of personal time to gain even workable levels of fluency, much like you can't learn to speak French fluently without practicing at home or with other French speakers. Thankfully, the reward is being able to communicate in a language that is the best we have for describing physical phenomena in a precise and generally unambiguous manner.

So some of us go through the pains of frustration of learning difficult mathematical concepts, and the frustration of knowing there are always concepts more difficult that we yet have not learned, in hopes that it will help us understand the world around us in the little time we have available.

Others think the point of living is to consider Excel data entry a skillset, and believe that the fields of science and math that they consider too difficult to learn are "wastes of time." So be it.
>>
>>8596484
Well written. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.