[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are grades directly proportional to intelligence? I used to score

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: I_want_to_fuck.jpg (39KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
I_want_to_fuck.jpg
39KB, 650x488px
Are grades directly proportional to intelligence?
I used to score the highest school till middle school and then my grades gradually dropped towards the end of high school to the point I couldn't even get into college.
Did I just get dumber?
Does anyone here have any similar experience or any scientific explanation for what happened to me?
>>
>>8594183
>Highest school in middle school
Highest grades*
I might as well be just retarded t b h.
>>
>>8594183
Smart but lazy meme, you were gifted but didn't really pay close attention so you didn't learn much. When you reached high school a combination of not being able to just not study or do anything killed you, not really know what you learned in middle school also was bad.

Lose the tripcode
>>
>>8594190
That's pretty spot on

>trip code
It's a name not a trip.I use it to maintain uniformity in my posts and it stops me from making edgy posts and LARPing as someone else.
I have problem with forming my own views and articulating.Name helps.
>>
>>8594183

Burnout?
>>
>>8594183
>Did I just get dumber?
No you just reached the point in school where you actually have to do even a little work.
>>
>>8594183
Hormones man. I was the same way. Some thrive when they go through the shift and others have a hard time adjusting. This is why I do much better in college than I did in HS... It's not even women that through me off. I found most HS girls repulsive as I didn't even considering dating in HS. I just didn't adjust well during this phase. Plus some bullying for being the quiet kid had an impact. I also sat with kids at lunch and they talked about were television and movies I didn't care for and in some cases was not able to watch these. I was raised in a Pentecostal church and they believed things like Pokemon were the devil. Legit. I remember my Dad ripping up my Pokemon cards and also my closest friends cards even though he was non-religious. They took that Bob Larson phony seriously. haha.
>>
>>8594247
threw*
>>
>>8594183
>score the highest grade till middle school
Watch out guys, smartest kindergarteners coming through. In all seriousness though high grades in elementary school count for literally nothing. You didn't become dumb you were just never smart to begin with
>>
>>8594245
this

Getting A's from kindergarden to fifth grade doesn't exactly show that you're gifted.
>>
>>8594258
>never smart to begin with
Except that's not the case at all.I do well in logic based tests and am constantly told by people that I'm smarter than some of my peers who score higher than me.
I consider myself of having average intelligence.
And scoring highest in something at any level means I'm probably not that dumb to begin with.
>>
>>8594265
And to add to that I completely admit that I don't try at all.There is almost zero hardwork from my part.
The question is why? Why can't I study like the rest of the people?
>>
>>8594266
just fuck off, being slightly better than the average moron doesn't make you smart. You son't study because you're worthless lazy piece of shit who would accomplish nothing anyways but pretends to have had the potential
>>
>>8594266
You can't study because you don't have discipline or any time management skills, high school is the easiest shit in the world especially if you're not in AP. Also, what was your ACT and SAT? if you were actually smart but lazy you wouldve had high scores on those and would have gotten into college
>>
>smart but lazy
If you were smart you would have seen why being lazy at that point wasn't optimal. Or at the very least you would have crafted ways to continue being lazy while maximizing your gpa. Like cheating on all your homework or coming up with effective ways to memorize stuff for tests which was better than typical studying.
>>
>>8594281
It's not as simple as that. Once you learn that you don't have to put in effort to achieve well, it's very hard to learn back a work ethic. In fact, it's more like you start out with no work ethic and have to suddenly learn one once you need it. This can take longer than is desirable, especially if depression kicks in as a result of the struggle.
>>
>>8594360
>it's very hard to learn back a work ethic
>very hard to learn
>hard to learn
This means you aren't smart. You can take all the IQ tests in the world to try and validate yourself on pattern recognition skill, but if you can't see the patterns which exist in real life, you're an idiot.
>>
>>8594190
You said it's a meme because it is

Genuinely gifted people can be lazy and still cruise through to postgrad
If you can't even get through undergrad at a well respected school on a well respected course you were never smart regardless of how much work you did, you were merely slightly above average intelligence, probably the 60-70th percentile or so
>>
I did great at high school without putting any effort, some people even do that in college, you're not smart. You're average AND lazy, which is the quality that won't let you do anything of worth with your life.
>>
>>8594511
I was tested 130+(don't know the exact score but probably not so different from that) when I was in elementary but got fucked in the first few years of college because I had no work ethics and could never manage to study for more than a few hours for exams the night before
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.