[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the existence of Planet 9 suggest there's probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: pointing_to_planetX1280.jpg (93KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
pointing_to_planetX1280.jpg
93KB, 1280x892px
Would the existence of Planet 9 suggest there's probably more, smaller undiscovered planets beyond the kuiper belt?
>>
Something that massive would have made it self know already, by gravity influences on known objects
>>
>>8589155
Are you sure? Even a Mars or Mercury sized planet beyond the kuiper belt? Planet 9 is supposed to be about the size of Neptune, and it only noticeably influences other trans-kuiperbelt objects
>>
Hmmm. I remember reading a book titled "Planet X" it was a book for like 3rd graders (I was 9). It had only a few sentences per page and a large picture.

I was so fascinated and hopeful that it existed, but as others have said something that large would surely have been detected by now.

Unrelated: I was so obsessed with astronomy as a kid. I remember asking my 3rd grade teacher about dark matter when we were learning about space stuff. And she made me feel dumb by saying "uh I've never heard of it"
>>
>>8589190
Have you not heard of Planet 9? It's almost definitely real, the serious astronomers are looking for it right now.

The motion of trans-neptunian objects strongly points to its existince.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2016/12/yir-v-planet-nine-boundaries-solar-system/
>>
File: inner_oort_cloud_x.jpg (20KB, 1023x255px) Image search: [Google]
inner_oort_cloud_x.jpg
20KB, 1023x255px
According to the ETI transmissions there are three more major Planets:
X1 at 6132 AU is a solid matter planet about the size of Venus, orbital period 480 thousand years.
X2 at 8929 AU is a gas planet about half the size of Neptune, orbital period 845 thousand years.
X3 at 17212.5 AU is a gas planet about half the size of Jupiter, orbital period 2.26 million years.
The combined effect of these can be misinterpreted as P9. The hypothetical object with a period of 18000 years would have a semi-major axis of only about 690 AU, similar to Sedna. Also: They had to demote Pluto because you cannot announce Planet 10 or X..
>>
Could Planet 9 have been a wandering body that disrupted the TNO's orbits long ago and that has rushed through the solar system?
>>
Whats up with the oort cloud guys
>>
>>8590193
> you cannot announce Planet 10

why though?
>>
>>8590394
Because conspiratards would lose their shits
>Muh Planet X
>>
>>8590370

it has a dumb name that makes it sound fake
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.