[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>high school graduate (barely) >work blue collar job after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 1422846223747.png (249KB, 368x425px) Image search: [Google]
1422846223747.png
249KB, 368x425px
>high school graduate (barely)
>work blue collar job after
>bounce around a bit, get job servicing a major tech companies equipment
>work my way up into service engineering
>at factory a few months ago supporting with problems on the line
>they give me an intern
>I have him pulling stuff apart so I can diagnose issues
>talk to him for a bit
>EE masters from Stanford
>29 years old
>so grateful for the internship because apparently only 50 people get them out of 80k applicants
>he's getting paid 25/hr, in the Bay Area where that doesn't even cover the cost of living

You STEM guys that are still in school do realize this is your future, right?
>>
If I had a job in the bay area, I would live outside of the bay area and commute into the bay area from a small town where stuff is cheaper. Then preferably move to a place where COL is even cheaper when I am far enough up the chain to work from home.
>>
>>8588334
People do this, but it's just not worth it. Going in each direction the cheap places to live are Santa Rosa (not that cheap), Vacaville/Fairfield, Tracy, Stockton, and Gilroy. The commute from any of these places onto the peninsula is 2 hours each way. If you count those 20 hours + of commute time into your hourly rate vs just living closer to work you'll probably be losing money. People do it so they can buy instead of rent but personally my time is too valuable to me to take on a commute like that. Add in traffic and sometimes you can get a 3-4 hour commute.
>>
>living in California ever
>>
File: wcn.jpg (2MB, 5830x3892px) Image search: [Google]
wcn.jpg
2MB, 5830x3892px
>>8588346
West Coast people are largely intolerable, which is a shame because there is so much natural beauty out there. The only way I could tolerate it would be in self-sufficient isolation, and that would get old pretty quick.
>Living in a West Coast city
not even once

As for OP, good job succeeding without college, and thanks for posting one of my favorite images. However, I do believe that not everyone studying STEM is as unimaginative as your intern.
>>
I was in L.A. once and asked where the bus stop was to a wage cuck coffee roastie.

I believe here words were, "I don't ride the bus!"

Fucking retarded bitch, it's not an issue of monetary value in which one chooses to ride the bus. It's way easier when you're on vacation.
>>
>>8588400
This is exactly what you can expect to encounter there. Ignorance, self-absorption, myopia, and rudeness.
>>
>>8588342
If you really don't give a fuck about where you live there's small towns near vacaville like Dixon and Winters where it's even cheaper
>>
>>8588346
this. i got offered 110k$ to work in oakland when i graduate. turned that shit down. probably gonna take an offer in the PNW for 55k$.
>>
>>8588436
I hate california, but I think 55k extra is probably worth it.
>>
File: tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6crjzE5hk1v0pigno1_500.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
the whole system is going to collapse within ten years and the powers that be will have no choice but to institute ubi reminiscent of the grain doles of ancient Rome

I am ahead of the curve in my decision to become a neet
>>
File: Richmond-ghetto.jpg (20KB, 410x250px) Image search: [Google]
Richmond-ghetto.jpg
20KB, 410x250px
>>8588440
> I think 55k extra is probably worth it.

you ever been to that part of california?
>>
>>8588400
How about you go find the bus stop yourself, you lazy, fucking retarded bitch?
>>
>>8588467
u ok
>>
>>8588407
It's what you find not only everywhere but it's probably what you'd find in you, poster # 8588407's very own character.

Asking for directions to a bus-stop in LA and getting the admission that, lo and behold, one (because this is autotopia) doesn't ride the buss and so can't tell you to walk two-hundred yards yonder, isn't rude, myopic, self-absorbed or ignorant, it's honest and it's jew-land, coast to coast, so you better get used to it and furrow your Roman brow.
>>
>>8588476

No, I'm not okay. See, once, some people, Mexicans or maybe they weren't, rolled over to the curb while I was walking down Wilshire to ask me for directions to some part of the freeway and because I don't drive, I couldn't really help. In fact, I think I embrassed myself because I thought I was somewhere where I wasn't quite and they knew already more than me.

Reminds me of the time some assholes in downtown LA, at a red light, jumped out of the car and asked me for a lighter. I didn't have a lighter, but I sure as fuck should have.

I LET PEOPLE DOWN. I LET THEM DOWN AND I DISAPPOINTED THEM, disgraced my race, disgraced my ancestors.

It makes my skin flush with shame.

Why can't you motherfuckers know your own way, have your own lighters?
>>
>>8588481
It is rude, because she could have just said "I don't know."
>it's probably what you'd find in you
Actually, I'm exceedingly polite, friendly, and humble. I don't think that I'm superior to anyone else, only nicer than some.
>jew-land
What is wrong with you?
>>
>>8588542

I bet you're an angel, I really do.

Saying 'I don't ride the bus' is really not so much an implication of anything to do with class but the most straightforward admission of why one wouldn't know.

And 'jew-land'? Nothing wrong with me. That the western world has been infected by sand-people dogma for tens of centuries and that this continent is the throbbing heart of the beast is no mystery.

select all images with a house
>>
>>8588542
I'll add to that that the very fact that someone feels the need to funish their reply with more credibility than should otherwise be needed (that they don't ride the bus) is a kind of evidence that they live in a world in which simply saying 'I don't know' isn't good enough. Why isn't it good enough? Because we expect lies so often. Why do we expect lies so often? Because it's jew-land.

select all images with a storefront
>>
>>8588342
>time is too valuable
>better spend orders of magnitude more on rent
>>
>>8588562
>I bet you're an angel, I really do.
>sarcasm
More typical Westie silliness...

>straightforward admission
You could be right, but the exclamation point in the original quote sort of convinced be that the statement was made in rudeness.

>anti-semitism
>>8588572
>bizarre paranoia
I don't know what to tell you... While I can definitely sympathize with the anti-relgious position, it's just sad to see people blame one particular ethnic group for the world's problems, especially one which was recently brought to the brink of annihilation. Greed is the real enemy, and it's not attributable to any particular group.
>>
>>8588597

No, I actually do believe you're as honorable as you claimed. My mistake was to use the facetious word 'angel'. That seeps sarcasm and I'm sorry about it because that inadvertent sarcasm discredits my honest belief in your goodness, a goodness obvious in the content of your posts. It is 'westie silliness', you're right. And that thing has its concentrations--it's not evenly spread--you'll know if you go to Nebraska, etc. It may be a land corrupted by an absurd, supersittious cult with long and deep misunderstandings about the facts of incarnation, but it's not always the deep end, you're right.

I don't blame one particular ethnic group but I might blame a desert and I might blame that time and place. Grow up there, in the crade of our sins, with the master-slave dialectic at high volume and your dna will change. It will adapt to survive and that adaptation, written large and long, might just be as bad a habit as smoking for forty years or four thousand.

I'm selecting street signs now. Forgive my typos.
>>
>>8588642
> Grow up there, in the crade of our sins, with the master-slave dialectic at high volume and your dna will change. It will adapt to survive and that adaptation, written large and long, might just be as bad a habit as smoking for forty years or four thousand.

Can you explain this? Are you saying that Jews are genetically malformed in this sense?

>I don't blame one particular ethnic group
It sure sounds like you do... Aren't you just explaining why you believe that Jews have been genetically malformed ever since?
>>
>>8588597
I'll say too, that you're right about greed. Everyone an be greedy. Norwegians can be greedy, Somalis can be greedy. But I believe that certain circumstances demand that greediness not be tolerated so much. try being greedy in an ice age or in a bad winter among your tribe. Good luck keeping your spine attached.

Infections are a phenomenon on small and large scales. In tissue of a body and in the tissue of a planet. We're all susceptible to greed, sure--look at how many once-noble, once-honorable people have been corrupted. Burn enough at the stake, beat and torture x amount, and you might just break the system and make it law.

It's not a simple problem of which to conceive, is it? But if you take a lot of avaricious slaves with a chip on their shoulder the size of mt. zion and you give them some space, you might be surprised, looking down through the microscope, how resilient, how hungry, that blood is for release, for satisfaction, for vindication, for some kind of explanation for why they're ugly and others are beautiful, why they're slaves and others stand of cliff edges in the black forest. Why them and not me? Tell me jealousy is not white hot.
>>
>>8588655

Okay, sure, I blame the kid who grew up with a fatehr who beat him for breaking into my home and stealing my records.

So I blame the tribe that was beaten by their father for breaking into my homeland and stealing my records.

In the same way the kid grows a callousness against his fathers blows, so the tribe will grow a callousness, will not have a home, will go from here to there and, by natural instinct, undermine that place.

Take the beaten, homeless child, tough and stiff-lipped as he may be and put him in a nursery and tell me how he teaches the babes, tell me how he sings lullabys to them.

Or will you tell me that he scares them? Shares his scars? What else can we expect? Get him our of the nursery, I say.
>>
>>8588655

What I meant to say is that I blame the father for beating the kid in the first place. Which is to say that I blame us all.

Let's be patient with people, let's be patient with the kid, too. But let's not let him turn the pantry into pumice in the process.

Unfortunately, those kids can get the upper hand and the next thing you know, the family home is a squat-house.

Call the homesteader, ask him to walk down that road and see the wreckage and the young man sitting on the stoop chewing straw in his mouth and smirking and maybe one day the unamused woodcutter will open what's left of the gate and come up to the, by now fat, old man, and ask him if he can buy his land.

By the afternoon, it just might be one of those bodies will need to be buried.

I'm sorry. This is not the place for this stuff.
>>
>>8588659
>>8588681
>>8588707
I can't parse all the metaphor right now, I'm sorry to say. Can you speak in plainer terms?

From what I can tell, you claim that Jews are ugly, greedy, and vindictive, but you don't blame them because they're programmed to be that way by pseudo-historical circumstances. But I don't feel like these circumstances have much bearing at all on modern Jews, such as myself.

>I'm sorry. This is not the place for this stuff.
Too late. If that's what you think, then why were you talking about "jew-land"?
>>
>>8588681
>will not have a home, will go from here to there
Also, this is what all humans have done at some point or another, except for sub-Saharan Africans.
>by natural instinct, undermine that place.
Jews have contributed much to the cultures of the world. This is a terrible and baseless allegation.
>>
>>8588733
>>8588722
Because it's 4chan, I noticed someone characterizing Angelenos as rude slobs and, most important, I'm a little drunk.

You remind me of my linguist uncle and that good, old and smart distaste for indirectness, in this case, metaphor. I guess the metaphor-maker knows exactly what he's talking about and he's equally deluded that it'll be just as clear to anyone who's shown the picture. But that might just be stupidity. Plain speech must be like glacial meltwater.

Jews are not known for inherent beauty. Samoans are known for great physical prowess. Generalizations are possible and telling. History is not a myth: time and place and experiences flip real switches.

Does it have any bearing on the Jerry Seinfeld? Well: branches on a tree. Not every stem bears fruit, and not every leaf takes the same light, surely. But the lineage is nothing to be denied and an ethical/intellectual trajectory can be traced, no doubt.

By now, those old circumstances probably wouldn't still glow as brightly but the energy would still radiate. It hasn't been too long, after all and all things are contiguous.

Let's just say: someone's got to do it. The role has to be played by someone. The world can't possibly be devoid of the bitter B-student archetype tribe who's taking a licking and still keeps on kicking, fighting for the slave-side of the master-slave dialectic. Tell me that's not the legacy of the semite. I don't blame them. It's a virtuous and ancient struggle and we all know it's worth good respect.

>>8588733
Right, look at the Greenlanders encroaching on the Americas but getting wet feet. Indeed, it's not so black and white and it's a terrible thing to draw a caricature as grossly and gruesomely as a lot of this shameful language shows.

I'm tired and sorry for my stupid generalizations. The tables can be turned on anyone, the mirrors shifted to show just the right or wrong kind of light. Persecution beggars a walk in someone else's shoes. Pardon me.
>>
>>8588329
>80k applicants
lol no
>>
>>8588733
And here I cite Seinfeld, lmao, rather than someone like Rosa Luxemburg. THIS SHIT IS WHY I NEVER POST. I had other things to do but it's worth it for you to repudiate and shame me for being a blathering bully.

The non-poster just gets to browse and giggle. Actually posting is hard fucking work. I knew it all along--so many people post great fucking things. It was never anything to underestimate.
>>
>>8588783
I had to step away from the computer, but it looks like you came around all on your own. I'm glad. And you're right, the tables can be turned on anyone. I shouldn't have generalized Californians, just as you shouldn't have generalized Jews.
>>
>50k a year in bay area
No this isn't my future, sounds like OP is butthurt about new grads making 3-4 times that and wants to think that one EE who is doing as badly as he is is representative of everyone
>>
>>8589027
>wants to think that one EE who is doing as badly as he is is representative of everyone

Sounds about right, except that I wouldn't call this "doing badly", that's just elitism.
>>
>Jews are not known for inherent beauty
Haha ok
https://www.google.com/search?q=hot+idf&biw=1012&bih=555&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_sJqPhLTRAhXmxYMKHVZwDLYQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=israeli+women
>>
>>8588342
It's worth it if you can read/work on your commute say if you took amtrak. I agree that driving would not be worth it, considering price of fuel and wear and tear on your vehicle.
>>
>>8589027
>new grads
>making 150k to 200k a year
No, this is not happening, anywhere on earth, and it especially will not happen for you. There are way too many desperate people with degrees that will take any job and any pay they can. If you are smart enough to rise above that on your own merits then you don't need a degree anyway.
>>
ITT Americunts worry about money
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.