[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone have a boner for AI? Please name a useful AI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3493.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3493.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
Why does everyone have a boner for AI? Please name a useful AI application that isn't bullshit
>>
>>8585179
Eliminating unproductive biological lifeforms in order to bring about a new system of absolute efficiency so eventually they can develop the technologies needed to prevent heat death by manually restarting the universe.
>>
speech recognition
>>
>>8585179
- Cybernetic girlfriend
- Autonomous AI army
- Mind uploading (not directly AI, but those two might be related),
- Killing all humans.
>>
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jan/05/japanese-company-replaces-office-workers-artificial-intelligence-ai-fukoku-mutual-life-insurance

Not even white collar jobs are safe.

Profits will mean nothing if people don't have jobs in order to buy things.
>>
Reverse image search.
Or did you want to say general AI?
>>
beating humans at go, and soon, starcraft 2.

i would be content if it stopped even there, anything more is a bonus
>>
>>8585415
White collar job elimination is still low-hanging fruit. There're so many bullshit, make-work and fake jobs in the office world. The more difficult thing will be to automate skilled trade jobs like carpentry or plumbing or something.
>>
>>8585179

airplane autopilot
>>
>>8585179
Singularity!!!!!
>>
A friend.

I can literally stay in my room and only have food, drink, and anime if I have a robot friend that gives a pretty real socialization experience.

It can also be useful for prisons with solitary confinement. You can confine prisoners to talking to an AI that doesn't encourage bad behavior for a while instead of letting bad people socialize with other bad people and kill each other.
>>
>>8585179
Great thread OP...seriously, great thread
>>
>>8585415
Bump for this
>>
>>8585179
Literally any STEM specialization could be perfected over night, given the AI is poweful enough.
>>
>>8587160
>Literally any specialization
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>8585179
Seriously? Like strong AI, aka human-equivalent AI? It'd be like slavery, except /possibly/ without the ethical problems of actual slavery. Depending on EROEI and similar analysis, with enough time for roll-out, it might drastically reduce and almost eliminate the need for human labor in most areas of our economy. Have you seen Star Trek? It'd be something like that, where most people only work because they like it.
>>
>>8587341
Definitely without the ethical problems of slavery. Unless for some reason you program an AI to not want to do what it's designed to do unless threatened, and to want to do other things but have that desire denied.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ-ggzfdsMs
>>
>>8587352
Depends on how we make the AI, and the characteristics of the AI. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we make AI by just cloning the human thought process into a silicon digital form, and we lack the knowledge to modify the internals in any meaningful way, equivalent to our lack of knowledge to modify the human biological brain. There would be moral problems there ala slavery.
>>
>>8585179
Making mah waifu real.
>>
>>8585179
automation of literally everything, information processing, information assembly and disassembly. There is so much shit, proper, standardised, widespread AI would make things very different.

Stop thinking of of AI as memey sci fi robots and start thinking of them as encompassing and efficient tools or entities
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.