[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you reprocess soda lime that's been saturated with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: B1092 - 1.jpg (77KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
B1092 - 1.jpg
77KB, 662x800px
How do you reprocess soda lime that's been saturated with co2?

They charge way too much for this stuff.

And how would you go about making it yourself? How could you make it change color when it absorbs co2? Granulating it seems easy enough.
>>
>>8584540
on which scale? i mean do you have industrial quantities of this stuff or small amounts?

you could calcinate it by heating it up to 65-300celsius
2NaHCO3->Na2CO3+H2O+CO2
>>
>>8584631
sorry, im drunk did not read the lime part
>>
>>8584540
that's what Sprite looks like before they add the water?
>>
>>8584540
Ingredients:
1. Club soda
2. Fresh Lime
3. Doggy Bag

Steps:

1. Drink Club Soda and eat Lime.

2.Breath into doggy bag until you cannot breath no more.

3. Keep breathing into bag

4. Repeat step 3
>>
>>8584631
>>8584643

Pretty much the scale you see in the picture, likely no more than 5 gallons worth.

I'm thinking about building a rebreather and being able to recycle spent soda lime would be a tremendous help unless I need crazy equipment to do it.
>>
>>8585041
>likely no more than 5 gallons worth.
It may be simpler to just dispose of it and buy fresh stuff, particularly if you're trying to use it for a rebreather. The last thing you want is to screw it up.
>>
>>8585191

Very true but co2 scrubbers aren't THAT critical.

Co2 buildup will literally trigger your body to get to the surface ASAP and I would not plan to dive very deep until I knew I got it right.

Test a few times.

The real danger with rebreathers is improper mix for >30 feet and not getting enough o2, because then it functions like a painless exit bag.
>>
BUMP
You guys suck
>>
>>8586865
Bumping because it's an interesting topic. Though it's likely no one will answer.
>>
>>8585879

Or the hypoxia makes you retarded and you fucking die
>>
>>8587628

Thanks for the bump

>>8587697

You know how when you try to hold your breath as long as you can, the pain forces you to breath? Yea, that will drive you to the surface pretty quick.

We have some physical safeties in our bodies.
>>
>>8588622
Sure. But you might end up passing out at the surface. Shit's dangerous even with a bcd.
>>
>>8587697
Hyperoxia might also be a problem:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_toxicity

>>8584540
BUMP becas interesting
>>
>>8588663

Whats "BCD"?

>>8588699

You keep the oxygen level as close to %20 as you can, and its not a problem at depth and pressure IIRC.
>>
>>8589474
>its not a problem at depth and pressure IIRC.
You probably should do a bit more reading before you build this thing.
>>
>>8589835

What?

My understanding is you can breath high o2 concentrations fine IF you aren't going deeper than 30 feet or so.

If you want to dive deep with a rebreather you need to maintain atmospheric oxygen levels and use helium as a dilutant
>>
How do I recycled soda lime ..?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.