[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The path of a LASER beam is visible even when there is not many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: queen_of_s4s.jpg (13KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
queen_of_s4s.jpg
13KB, 236x234px
The path of a LASER beam is visible even when there is not many contaminants in the air. The path of natural light is only visible when there is a large number of contaminants in the air. Is this because a LASER beam has "more light" or more photons inside due to the gain medium? Is that why the path of a LASER beam is more visible?
>>
>>8582409
Literally in the name
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation
>>
>>8582417
So that's a yes right ?
>>
I hope so.
>>
>>8582409
Basically yes. A laser beam is much more intense than natural sources, i.e. more photons per area.
>>
>>8582417
>>8582987
Thank you :)
>>
>>8582417
well it's actually oscillation which appears to amplify the light, but the actual photons aren't being amplified.

they didn't want to call them LOSERs though.
>>
>>8582409
you can't see a laser in a vacuum, fuckwad. If you think air by itself doesn't
>diffract
and
>diffuse
light, then you're retarded. If you're asking why an equal wattage laser seems brighter than a light, it's because it's all there in one smaller place.
>>
>>8583564
>Hey, let's call him retarded! That'll teach him! And I will feel better for my undergrad knowledge! Even though people already answered the question! Yeah!
>>
>>8583564
What does all in one palace even mean? Jesus learn to communicate your shit. Imagine einstein said spacetime is all in one smaller space maaan, and called you retarded. Cuck off.
>>
>>8583564
Did you only read 3 words in my post?
The first line of my post is:

"The path of a LASER beam is visible even when there is not many contaminants in the air. "

You somehow rearranged it to make it look like I thought you can see a laser in a vacuum.

I was asking why laser beams are visible in clean air (not a vacuum) while the path of natural light is only seen when there is a high density of dust particles in the air or a high concentration of air.

The response I got, was that a laser creates a high density of photons (high photons per area) which means that even when there are LESS (not none) particles of air or in the air, the path is still visible because the amount of photons is greater.

I don't know how you could've misread my post that bad, as well as the whole thread.
>>
>>8583564

To follow up on my previous post. >>8584817
I know that all light is scattered by air, but the path of the light is not visible which means there is not enough scattering going on for the brain to give a shit.

In a laser beam you can see a fucking line in the air, and I assume it's because there are more photons per area so they are much more likely to scatter on every single air particle and other particle in the air, and also do it much more frequently too.

Read this post twice please just in case you misread.
>>
>>8583564
>you can't see a laser in a vacuum

You can if it's one of those bagless vacuums with the clear bin.
>>
>>8584847
fuckin rekt
i upvote this post.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.