[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to learn advanced math >Want to learn astrophysics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>Want to learn advanced math
>Want to learn astrophysics
>Want to learn neuroscience
>Want to learn robotics
>Want to learn machine learning/AI
>Would be lucky to reach the peak of a single field in your lifetime, let alone being good at all of these
How do I cope with this feeling? I want to study everything because they are all so interesting. But fuck it, a lifetime is not infinite.
The time when I had to choose one to follow, I feel like I have killed a part of me. I hate this so much.
>>
>>8578575
See what you the have the most natural talent in and pursue that.
>>
>>8578575
The fact that you like all of that shit implies that your brain is full of Hey, vsauce here memes.

If you really wanted to learn advanced math that passion for math would knock out physics and neuroscience from your interests, for example.

You are just a big meme. Your life is a meme. And you are probably underage too. You underage meme.
>>
>>8578579
>>8578576
Anons I have already chosen my major, currently getting an Msc degree in neuroscience.
I just find this weird sense of remorse from times to times whenever I think about it.
It took me a long time to choose neuroscience too.
Maybe I'm just a greedy fuck.
>>
>>8578579
Stop projecting m8

>>8578575
I know the problem, it's hard to focus with so many insanely interesting things around. I can't say I ever solved the problem, I just did whatever interested me atm on the side and enough of what I was supposed to do (in my case: physics). Eventually I started writing my thesis and had to focus. I found something that was interesting enough to me to keep me occupied for a year or so.

Also, don't make the mistake of studying something super specific like robotics. Just study physics, you'll figure out what to do from there. You can get into advanced math from there, you can get into machine learning from there, you can get into robotics from there etc.
>>
>>8578583
>Anons I have already chosen my major, currently getting an Msc degree in neuroscience.

So you already went 4 years to uni and you are still feeling like this? The only people who feel like this are medio cre highschool kids with no talents but a lot of "ok" skills..

Nigga, focus on your career. Stop thinking like a child.

>>8578588
>Stop projecting m8

Hey guys, vsauce here. Today we are going to talk about infinite sets. The word set comes from the latin settonius maximus which means elephant dick. The reason is much like the amount of cum an elephant's dick can shoot, a set can hold a seemingly infinite amount of elements, which is cool. Now, as the great mathematician Thefaultinourstars Johnson discovered, some infinitives are bigger than other infinitives so we need to find which infinitive is the biggest infinitive. For that I brought my friend Neil Tyson to tell us which is the biggest infinitive he has seen in the entire universe.
>>
>>8578592
What the fuck are you even talking about?
God damn spastic autist
>>
>>8578593
The biggest infinitive I have seen in the entire multiverse is the andromeda infinitive. Back to you, vsauce!

So now we know what the biggest infinite set in the world is. The andromeda infinitive. But what does it mean for andromeda to be infinitive? Well, the word infinitive comes from the greek infinitus totalus which means "gay as fuck" and that is no mistake as the person who invented infinite sets was burned at the stake for being so gay. Nowadays, some psychologists believe that infinite sets are not actually a thing, but a conspiracy. Take Newton Wildburger, lead psychologist at the African center of psychologists. He says that infinitives are actually an illusion that was created the day Cantor smoked so much weed that I couldn't believe and got more ass than a toilet seat.
>>
>>8578596
go back to /b/ anon. Unless you're really high rn, there's no other solution.
>>
File: 1478850121705.gif (640KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
1478850121705.gif
640KB, 200x157px
>>8578596
>someone has multiple interests?
>surely they are just brainwashed by memes!
I would hurl insults at you, but it is rude to do so with the mentally ill
>>
>>8578621
>someone has multiple interests?
But that is not what OP is saying. Everyone has multiple interests. They have hobbies, entertainment, etc.

OP feels unfulfiled because he knows he can't achieve to be a pro at all of those things in a single lifetime. That indicates that he has a twisted mindset. Let me explain, humans tend to always rationalize their own situation so that they can make themselves feel good and safe. Even the people working in coal mines for dirt rationalize their own situation so that they feel alright, as long as they can provide for themselves and their family. They are not angry or salty, even though they should be, they feel good for what they have achieved.

That is what the human brain naturally does. But OP seems to have given himself an impossible goal and now feels haunted by it. He feels haunted because he will never be able to learn all those subjects. So OP's brain is doing the opposite. Instead of rationalizing his own poor situation to make himself look good, OP's brain is emphasizing how much of a failure he is and that is the "feeling" OP is asking how to cope with.

His mind is twisted completely.
>>
Unfortunatly our careers are usually not decided on the basis of what we like the most but what we are really good at. Just experiment with all those fields you listed, get some academic books and try to learn something and then you will have an experience if what its like to deal with mathematical language, programming etc.
>>
>>8578621
Whats it like being a shameless hypocrite?
>>
There are some people posting with offensive rhetorics that reflect their own insecurities but most of what is being said is correct. Without actually "knowing" the field, you do not really understand if you want to learn it. So you may ask where does anyone get a legitimate motivation to study something since they would need to study it first? The answer is that most people pursue something they naturally have an affinity for, or follow in a mentor or familys footsteps, or want money. There are many cases were people study something, realize its not for them, then change courses if its not too late, but there is always a fear of wasting time. My advice: focus on your actual career first and put down the pipe dreams, if they are superficial you will naturally forget about them.
>>
>>8578575
I know exactly how you feel, OP. I'm a biology grad and I've taken almost entirely bio courses. I feel like after all this time, I may not be an expert in biology, but I have learned enough to feel educated. I don't feel like a complete amateur. I'd like to feel that way about everything in life, if possible. But obviously there isn't enough time and money for me to pursue this. Wouldn't it be great to be like those scientists in movies that have like 5 PhDs and can perform tasks that require teams of experts from multiple fields?
>>
>>8578592
>Nigga, focus on your career
back to work, wageslave
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.