[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you self educate while making progress? I am going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: A6poH2U.jpg (103KB, 1024x1536px)
A6poH2U.jpg
103KB, 1024x1536px
How do you self educate while making progress?

I am going through mathematical methods for physics and engieering by Riley et all and also engineering mathematics by kreyszig.

I am only doing every other question so that I don't take too long. The Riley book seems to have mostly "Show that..." questions, many of which rely on literally "one weird trick" or something I never would've considered. Kreyszig seems more mechanical and rote.

Is one of these books a waste of time?
>>
>>8576709
>Is one of these books a waste of time?

No.
>>
>>8576709
I don't know why you would be reading two books if they are for the same thing.

If you are doing it for the problems then don't bother and just do problem from online problem databases.

>How do you self educate while making progress?

By knowing what your goal is and then questioning if as you study you get closer to your goal.
>>
>>8576715
You are fucking retarded, get out.
>>
>How do you self educate while making progress?

Make a daily log of what you've learned or built and update it every day.

You'll have an objective benchmark for the progress you're making.
>>
>>8576709
neither is a waste of time. questions which all you to show a result are called proofs. questions which ask you to fix a numerical or symbolic answer are called computations.

both have a lot of value in cementing your knowledge of a subject mathematically. you should do proofs until they become trivially obvious and the outline of how to solve is in your head upon looking at the question. you should do computations until your answers are consistently numerically or symbolically correct
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.