[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an upper limit to intelligence? If we take intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

Is there an upper limit to intelligence? If we take intelligence to mean the ability to recognise patterns, or use already-known patterns to describe or approximate others, etc. Does "infinite" intelligence even make sense?
>>
Your brain is of finite size and so is the skull, therefore yes.
>>
File: 1480890506398.jpg (8KB, 261x202px) Image search: [Google]
1480890506398.jpg
8KB, 261x202px
>>8574765

stop!
>>
people use 10% of the brain,so if they're limits we're far from reaching them
>>
>>8574766
OP here. I was referring to intelligence in general, as a concept, not of the human brain.
>>
>>8574788
yes, quantum computer the size of the universe
>>
>>8574765
>Is there an upper limit to intelligence?
Define intelligence and good luck with that.
>If we take intelligence to mean the ability to recognise patterns,
Highly debatable.
It's just one aspect of intelligence but hardly the only one.
Is it possible to be more intelligent than us? We all think it is, you just need to improve all the abilities we have, which doesn't seem to be inherently impossible.
And probably we're not intelligent enough to comprehend intelligence itself when it's way too advanced compared to ours.
>>
>>8574779
People who use 100% of their brain are seizing.
>>
>>8574765
There is a positive correlation between knowledge and depression. The more you know, the less you feel happy and satisfied with your life. The magic of discovery vanishes, you can pretty much break down your environment and natural phenomena inside your head and figure out how things work. So you walk around looking for cheap thrills and resort to shitposting and getting into petty arguments with inferior monkeys for personal amusement.

Source: Me
>>
>>8574765
>Is there an upper limit to intelligence?
Unknowable. Can't know what you don't know.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.