[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

given the infinite nature of time, isn't it inevitable that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Eleen.jpg (34KB, 688x457px) Image search: [Google]
Eleen.jpg
34KB, 688x457px
given the infinite nature of time, isn't it inevitable that the same atoms that make me up now, will once again make me up later?
Check mate, non-reincarnationists.
>>
The infinite nature of time? No. There is a finite amount of stuff and entropy is always increasing.
>>
>>8572628
>muh arbitrary human impositions

It's a contradiction to suggest entropy is always increasing.
>>
>>8572627
The universe's rate of expansion is accelerating, and eventually, it will be accelerating too quickly for atoms to get together to form molecules. Each will effectively be its own little universe, as every atom will be moving away from every other at, effectively, speeds greater than the speed of light - followed eventually by the same being true for particles. So no, there is not infinite time in which the universe can support complex life.

On the other hand, the universe is a big place, and there's only so many combinations, so there might be another you living somewhere out there, right now.
>>
>>8572648
?????
>>
>>8572648
top zozzle
>>
dont' ever put thoreau and ellen in the same damn picture you filthy cunt
>>
>>8572627

Welcome to two and a half thousand years ago. This "problem" is literally why the "religion" of Stocism was invented.
>>
>>8572654
If i kill the other me will I get dmarter and stronger?
>>
Yes. All is infinitely cyclical one way or another, ultimately. But it may take an extremely long time; it also depends karmically and with one's free will. You want to keep ascending and not going back to that same shithole. After the Big Freeze and the Big Crunch -- or, rather, back to the source of oneness and maybe another Big Bang -- you might, through your free will, WANT to go back to that shithole to learn again for infinite variety.
>>
>>8572627
Wait what the fuck does Theroux have to do with Ellen degenerate
>>
>>8574531
They have similar facial features, but only an autist would care enough to make a picture presenting it, let alone notice it in the first place.
>>
>>8574416
Yeah, but there is a documentary about a guy who tried it and it didn't end so well.
>>
It's called Poincaré recurrence
>>
>>8574650
Not noticing it would be autistic. :)
>>
>>8575661
>t. OP
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.