[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would the geological effects be on Venus if it was suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: terraforming15_18.jpg (64KB, 720x240px) Image search: [Google]
terraforming15_18.jpg
64KB, 720x240px
What would the geological effects be on Venus if it was suddenly terraformed today in a window of 5 years? Say it's atmosphere was completely stripped and replaced with one just like Earth's, water is added to create an ocean along with Eath Micro organisms, plants and animals and the rotation speed is speed up to match Earth's and Venus is pulled away from the sun into the habitable zone.

What would the geological effect be over time? At it's closest to Earth she would be about 4 million miles.
>>
>>8569617
Unfortunately comparative planetography hasn't reached the point where we can reliably say. There's no shortage of unanswered questions about our own planet either.
>>
>>8569617
Erosion would change completely from wind/acid to wind and water erosion.

CO2 cycle would depend on if Venus also has tectonics, otherwise all CO2 will be bound into minerals over time.
>>
>>8569903
Venus has no tectonic activity, as far as we know. This, combined with its closer proximity to the Sun are some of the reasons it's a hothouse. It also has a much lower rotation rate than Earth, meaning it likely doesn't have a liquid outer core or a magnetic field to keep out harmful solar radiation.

Honestly, Venus would be nearly impossible to terraform, compared to planets like Mars that we can probably inhabit, although adapting to any other planet's gravity will be cumbersome. Mars doesn't have a magnetic field either, so either way you are fucked for the long haul as solar wind strips away the atmosphere.
>>
>>8569617
You also have to take into account Venus's slow rotation rate. even If you were to replace venus's atmosphere with an atmosphere similar to earths. It still behave differently due to slow rotation and all the other things that come out of that.
>>
>>8569959
>>8569977
Did you guys even read my post? I addressed the rotation speed and the orbit. Next time read the whole post instead or skimming it or auto responding.
>>
Wouldn't the change in temperature on the surface provoke plate tectonics? The reason we have it is because of the temperature difference between the surface and the interior of our planet. Would the same not happen on Venus?
>>
>>8569617
Venus and Earth Would most likely destroy each other due to their Close proximity
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.