[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a sighted person learn to use echolocation? if yes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 32413254365.jpg (73KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
32413254365.jpg
73KB, 400x308px
Can a sighted person learn to use echolocation?
if yes, where do i start?
>>
>>8567884
Lose the sight it will only distract you
>>
>>8567884
Probably not super well but yeah just blindfold yourself and make clicking noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a05kgcI9D2Q
>>
>>8567884
Yes. It's about recognition, i.e. patterns. You have to be sensitive and be able to differentiate sound signals. Pick up a clicker point at a wall and click it and listen for the echo. then point to an open space and click it. Practice it a thousand times and you'll be able to train yourself to be sensitive to the unique audio cues that differentiate how far different objects are.
>>
>>8567884
Blindfold yourself for extended periods of time.
Like 10 hours a day for a few months.
Learn to build an environment on your mind's eye based on acoustic cues.
>>
>>8568070
>>8568072
>>8568857
Ok just before i start i want to ask if i blindfolded myself for a long time will it affect my sight in a negative way?
>>
>>8569190
>8569190
No, I hypothesize that it may actually improve it by allowing your nerve cells to replenish the chemicals and regenerate any damaged parts.

Light, particularly those of short wavelengths can actually damage your eye with free radicals.

This is also why people are given eye patches after eye surgery. Interestingly, some pirates also wore eye patches not because their eye was poked out but because it allowed them to see in the dark quickly after going down to the ship's bottom.
>>
>>8569280
>hypothesize
Well it's a hypothesis so, has anyone tried and made a study about it?
I would love to see some reports of echolocation in sighted people and how it affected their lives.
>>
>>8569411
I can't find it again, but a study showed that blind people used their visual cortex while "reading" braille, which proved some zones in the brain were reorganised if not used.

The same thing might happen to you to a lesser degree if you do it non-stop for months, but I doubt anyone would manage to do it.
>>
>>8569280
>some pirates also wore eye patches not because their eye was poked out but because it allowed them to see in the dark quickly after going down to the ship's bottom.
Interestingly when i close one of my eyes for about 5 minutes and then open it and close the other eye everything looks bluer and brighter while in the other eye everything looks yellower and darker
>>
>>8567884
>if yes, where do i start?

Do you not know how to use youtube?
search
blind boy echolocation

Gawd.. we have to feed you this stuff?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.