[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herr duh herr...We don't know how it works, so let's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: darkmatter.jpg (38KB, 423x270px) Image search: [Google]
darkmatter.jpg
38KB, 423x270px
Herr duh herr...We don't know how it works, so let's call it Dark Matter...herr durr

The new "God of the gaps" - Dark Matter
>>
>>8567774
The one property we do know is that it doesn't interact with photons, thus making it dark. Why are you so mad?
>>
>>8567780
It is probably a racial thing.
>>
You'll notice that scientists call it a "hypothesis" rather than a "fact".
>>
>>8567917
It's a dark fact
>>
If Dark Matter is a heavyweight particle, and doesn't react, and makes up most of the universe, can you really say your along in that room? I used to say if I can't see it or feel it, it's not there. Can't guarantee that now, if Dark Matter is real....
I didn't believe they would find the Higgs.
>>
>>8567774
What would you name it?
>>
>>8568283
>I didn't believe they would find the Higgs.

They actually didn't. Read the research. They are just fluffing things and the press when all ape shit with it.
>>
It's called dark matter because it was found that mass to light ratios of galaxy clusters were much higher than the Solar neighborhood, there was matter that was darker than that around us. "dunkle Materie", Dark matter.

>The new "God of the gaps" - Dark Matter

But it's not. Cold Dark Matter is a model. You can simulate a universe from simple initial conditions and known physics and show that self-similar halos form from dark matter with a characteristic profile. CDM says that all relaxed halos have this shape so finding one in the real universe that doesn't is just one of the ways that dark matter isn't an infinitely flexible model. No CDM makes predictions which can be compared to the real universe and so the model is falsifiable.
>>
>>8568296
And how didn't they?
>>
>>8568315
He is being silly. They found the particle decay and inferred the existence of the higgs based on that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.