[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Christmas dinner >Dad brings up Schrodinger's cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 18

>Christmas dinner
>Dad brings up Schrodinger's cat
>"Have you guys heard about this?"
>"Anon is smart, he has a Master's Degree in physics, anon explain what Shrodinger's cat is"
>Say I haven't heard of it, that's a quantum thing and I study fluid mechanics
>Dad explains: "Oh, well Shrodinger's cat is this theory in quantum physics. Let's say you put a cat in a box with a vial of poison gas. When you open the top of the box, the vial breaks, and the cat dies. So technically speaking, the cat is both alive and dead until you open the box."
>Isn't that cool?
>mfw
>>
>>8563019
That's what you get for not explaining it. Your family loves you and they want to hear you explain things you car about. No need to become so disgusted and awkward over something perfectly normal like this.
>>
Haha
>>
File: 1474142261117.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1474142261117.png
139KB, 400x400px
>>8563019
>mfw when a unqualified normie tries to sound smart by talking about quantum physics
>>
nice blogpost
>>
>>8563031
>teaching family calculus and boring them by rambling about wavefunction bullshit they wouldn't understand over dinner
>>
>>8563041
This
>>
kek'd
>>
>>8563019
What a fucking normie, it isn't even a theory, it literally Shrodinger shitposting about QM and how retarded it is.
>>
>>8563052
Most people who talk about Shrodinger's cat or post about it on social media literally think something like this though. For them, it's weird and sciencey and involves a cat, so they think it's cool, and probably don't even know what a wavefunction is.
>>
>>8563019
Whatever, quantum shit is all theory and no application, basically fantasy so your dad is as right as any quantum physicist is about anything.
>>
>>8563057
I bet they don't even know that a photon is a sine wave.
>>
File: 1482489243964.jpg (92KB, 479x324px) Image search: [Google]
1482489243964.jpg
92KB, 479x324px
>>8563019
>mfw popsci faggot tries to explain Schrodinger's cat
>>
>>8563041
You are socially inept. You don't need to get into the gritty details, retard. The point of the 'Schrodinger's cat' thought experiment is to illustrate that our understanding of quantum mechanics relies on statistical models that create funny and strange scenarios when we bring it to our scale in which we normally expect clear-cut causality.

You could honestly separate that explanation into smaller words and explain it to a 10 year old. I mean, not YOU, but a normal person could.
>>
>>8563068
Fuckin' saved.
>>
>>8563071
Yeah, he was shitposting about QM, calm down autismo.
>>
>>8563041
>Literally the point of Schrodinger's cat is that it demonstrates why Quantum Mechanics is weird without math.
>>
clearly schrodinger never meant for the thought experiment to be taken seriously
but then we get physicists believing in infinite alternate realities.
>>
>>8563019
>masters in physics
>doesn't even know the fundamentals of quantum mechanics
kys op. your dad fucks your mom, Literally, you are hus little bitch. kek
>>
>>8563071
The entire point of "quantum mechanics" as a field is that things are completely different at that scale which doesn't work at that level and vice versa.
>>
>>8563080
I know, that's the point of what I said. You can easily point that out without rambling about wave functions and diff eq's. Read closer.
>>
>>8563074
>damage control
>>
>>8563041
If you can't explain it without teaching calculus first, you don't understand it. You're more of an idiot savant or trained monkey who can perform symbol manipulations without comprehending what he's doing.
>>
>>8563075
>the point of Schrodinger's cat
The point of Schrodinger's cat is that the idea that superposition is a feature of reality, rather than an artifact of the model, is absurd.

You can disagree with this point all you like, but that's what it is. It was an argument presented by Schrodinger for this purpose and no other.
>>
>>8563075
No. That's just wrong.
>>
>>8563057
Topkek
>>
>>8563019
Wasn't that whole thing made by Schrödinger to mock QA but ended up being true?
>>
>>8563019
All hypothetical are lies, even if used for examples.

The cat and box and poison is a hypothetical with nonsensical boundaries. It is a lie like all other hypothetical situations.

Stop spreading this nonsense.
>>
>>8563080
It does work at that level though. That is why they specify a radioactive decay trigger to the poison.
>>
Schrodinger's Coin

>I flip a coin and, without looking at which way it lands, hide it in a box
>Since I don't observe the coin, it is in a quantum state of being both heads and tails at the same time
>ooooooooooooo
>>
>>8563019
Dammit anon, if you didn't wanted it to be explained badly, why didn't you do it? You really knew about it, so stop bitching about other people if you refuse to correct them
>>
>>8563071
Dude I just want to eat my turkey dinner without having to give a free tutorial to my dumbass family (including my sister who watches infowars daily)

I hate normie faggots like you who think everyone has to be 100% social all the time and think I owe you some incredibly watered down explanation of already popsci phenomenon. Eat shit and die.
>>
>>8563120
>i know all the physics I know from watching youtube channels and cosmos
FUCK OFF POPSCI NORMIE FAGGOT IF YOU CAN'T DO CALCULUS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT ANYBODY ELSE'S ABILITY IN PHYSICS PLEASE KILL YOURSELF POST HASTE
>>
>>8563215
stop doing this, this is like the third thread I've seen you do this
you are really, really bad at distinguishing between a popsci faggot and someone abstracting out the details
>>
>>8563071
>>8563098

You would at least have to explain how radioactive decay works.
>>
>>8563059
I'm a theorist and this triggered me.
>>
>can we have a discussion about E&M
>WOAH WOAH WOAH DUDE STOP WITH THE MATH MAN DON'T YOU KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO USE MATH YOU LIKE DON'T UNDERSTAND IT MAN MY PROFESSOR GOES AND WRITES ALL THESE EQUATIONA ON THE BOARD BUT I DON'T THINK HE UNDERSTANDS IT LIKE I DO MAAAAAAN... I GOT LIKE AN INTUITION FOR IT *rips bong* *violently shits self*
>>
>>8563236
no one disagrees that you need to be able to do the math, you retarded aspie
if you can only do the manipulations, and you can't explain them simply, then you don't know shit
>>
>>8563240
>WOW DUDE LIKE IF YOU CAN'T EXPLAI QUANTUM PHYSICS TO A DOWN SYNDROME TARD LIKE ME AS IF YOU'RE MY SOCIAL WORKER THEN I GUESS ITS ALMOST LIKE YOU DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL HAHA LOOKS LIKE I WIN AGAIN *shits self in smug self satisfaction*
>>
>>8563240
Explain how to derive the Weyl Character Formula simply.
>>
>>8563241
you sound like a freshman, honestly
when I talk about problems with serious people (including my advisor) I draw silly pictures and talk in terms of very high level, simple concepts

the only time I talk about nitty-gritty details is when I'm tutoring someone, usually a freshman or a slow student
>>
>>8563240
Explain the hodge conjecture in 5 words or less without using math terms
>>
>>8563244
I'm afraid I don't know representation theory yet. pick something from a standard undergrad curriculum and I'll try.
>>
>>8563247
you usually need more words when explaining something simply, not less, especially if it's contrived
>>
>>8563248
Divergence Theorem
>>
>>8563245
>BRO LIKE IF YOU CANT TEACH REAL ANALYSIS TO A CHIMPANZEE ITS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE INTERMEDIATE VALUE THEOREM BRO *slowly lets out a warm, wet fart that gargles and eventually erupts into a full force underwear caking*
>>
>>8563251
when I explain the divergence theorem I usually do it in terms of FTC, assuming the listener knows that already. the idea is the same: if you start at a point, and apply, bit by bit, a rate of change to it (that is, the derivative of a function) then you finally are rebuilding the function itself, and how much you've moved the point is going to be that.

in the case of a volume (implicitly specialize to R^3 in the explanation) we not only need to keep track of a single point and the change in a line, but all the "change" that is contained in the whole volume. the "change" needs to go somewhere. a way to capture all of that change is by look what happens at the boundary: just like in the FTC we finish with only the initial and final points, the boundary of the line, we can look at the initial and final points of all lines contained in the volume at the same time, that is, the boundary of the solid itself.

to picture this, consider a sphere as the volume, and a field (the "change") that has a component only in one (say, the vertical) direction. then all we are doing is applying the FTC for each vertical line.
>>
>>8563251
Not that guy but I'll give it a shot for the case where the target audience is not assumed to have any mathematical background.

Imagine you have a warehouse with many shelves and each shelf is filled with a certain amount of stuff.

The warehouse gets plenty of deliveries and shipments each day, so the amount of stuff on each shelf can change in complicated ways; for example 5 things can get added to shelf A, while the amount of things on shelf B decreases by 3.

But it is a simple accounting identity that if you add up these amounts for every shelf in the warehouse, and compare that against the total amount of stuff that came into the warehouse doors (adding up across all doors, if there's more than one) then the two are equal.

And that's the divergence theorem, though in other contexts it's also referred to as the "generalized Stokes's theorem" or the "fundamental theorem of exterior calculus".
>>
>>8563039
>>8563059
>>8563075
>>8563212
>>8563215
>>8563236
>>8563241
>>8563253

I'm applying to grad school for next Fall. Holy shit I hope it's tards like you I'm competing against in interviews.

> Slam. Fucking. Dunk.
>>
>>8563297
Protip: It's not, you're competing against the best people in the world and depending on your major, probably not Americans.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>8563300
Plus the way some schools make decisions is so fucked up it almost feels random. But if you have tits, you only have to be half as good as your male counterparts. Obviously I'm butthurt, but I think on some level most people feel this way.
>>
>>8563039
>when they try to mix shit like feelings, relationship, and "good energy" with quantum mechanics
Quantum mechanic is much like magic to them.
>>
>>8563057
>and probably don't even know what a wavefunction is
Like most people in this thread.
>>
>>8563019
So what your goal is to be a poor man's mechanical engineer? How do you even have a masters without a half decent QM background
>>
>>8563461
>Everyone is retarded but me
>>
>>8563475
That's a bit self centered anon.

I never claimed I know what a wavefunction is.

And I never claimed the opposite.
>>
if you can't explain the concept of superposition without math then you're just a brainlet faggot OP
>>
>>8563223
Nope. You can literally just point out the difference between clear relationships with causality, and a statistical model that yields probabilities until observed. It is actually that easy if you are not a sperg.
>>
>>8563212
You're just making excuses because you're too socially inept to give an explanation of something simple and too dumb to even understand the concepts. Both of those aren't my fault, nor the fault of anyone else.
>>
File: 1440579752896.jpg (17KB, 326x272px) Image search: [Google]
1440579752896.jpg
17KB, 326x272px
>popsci is a perfectly fine way to bring scientific knowledge to the masses
>there are people on /sci/ who will defend this
>>
I find that most people are more delighted when they DON'T understand something and you explain it to them without treating them like kids. In situations like these feel free to dumb it down exactly as much as you want to to and not a modicum more while also using any technical terms you know they won't understand. They don't actually want to understand it, they want to make conversation, some of them want pretend they are intelligent and in good company with you, don't call them out on this.

Enjoy your meal.
>>
>>8563019
>Be OP
>Haven't spoken all night at dinner
>Dad tries to get me involved
>Brings up a well known thought experiment that I've read about many times
>Pretend I don't know what it is LOL
>Dad fucks up the explanation
>WHY IS EVERYONE SO STUPID EXCEPT ME
>So instead of getting involved in the conversation, I came top /sci/ to shitpost about it

You're lucky your family gives a fuck about science, OP. When it comes up that I'm doing a PhD, but I can't even get past "CS" before they zone out.

>inb4 they zoned out because [insert CS insult] / [insert autism insult]

I would love the chance to discuss interesting results in physics. Of course it won't be rigorous, but its better than talking about how work is going folding shirts at Kohl's, now isn't it?
>>
File: tongue taste areas.gif (24KB, 360x300px) Image search: [Google]
tongue taste areas.gif
24KB, 360x300px
>>8563145
>Wasn't that whole thing made by Schrödinger to definitively debunk QA as a logical absurdity but ended up being taught in school as true?
>>
>>8563736
Not having a formal education and not being intelligent are not the same thing you egomaniac.
>>
>Talk to my dad about fillet radii
>he doesn't care
aboobooboo better go cry on sci
>>
File: 3ifdamr.png (43KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
3ifdamr.png
43KB, 259x224px
>>8563284
They don't have a very high linguistic intelligence, which makes us explain analitically the FENOMENA and decompose it, and trivialize its main points so starters or normal people understand the great POV.

That's why you faggots should learn basic arithmetics and algebra until you can explain it to a kid.

My mestizo brother literally was studying pre-uni stuff in the age of 15 already because I taught him knowing the basis completely.

Freshman year was a joke, and the 2nd is pretty easy.

Why don't you listen?
>>
>>8563019
>Christmas dinner
>Dad brings up infinite sets
>"Have you guys heard about this?"
>"Anon is smart. he has a Master's degree in pure mathematics. Anon, explain what infinite sets are"
>Be excited, thank you dad for caring about the specifics of my field! Say: There is this axiom, usually called the axiom of infinity that says that there exists a set such that for every element, there is a "next" element inside the set. Sort of like the natural numbers, where you have 1 and then 1+1 and then 1+1+1, etc. But then because of other axioms like the axiom of union, which states that we can bundle up two sets together, we can use that starting infinite set and merge it with other sets, making more infinite sets. And then through powersets we can create an infinite set so big
that it is actually even bigger!
¨>Tear falls from my eye as I explain this, happy someone finally cares
>Dad then says: Hey son, and how was the transition surgery
>Say: W-what?
>Things start getting blurry
>I wake up
>I was sleeping, it was just a dream.
>No such Christmas Dinner ever happened. Actually, they didn't even invite me home for christmas
>Nobody cares about my infinite sets
>kms
>>
You could explain this thought experiment to a layman in like 5 minutes if you actually understood what it was.
At least enough to satisfy their curiosity.
>>
>>8563041
That means that you don't understand it yourself.
>>
How long until someone comes up with a pop science degree?
>>
>>8563212
So then don't get triggered when someone who just asked you to explain something can't explain it very well. How entitled can you be?
>>
File: 1482546406880.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482546406880.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>X-mas dinner
>We're talking about the history of life on earth
>As a cool fact, I point out that the time period from the rise of the dinosaurs to their fall was longer than the time period from their fall to the present
>me: who knows how much longer they would have existed were it not for the Cretaceous extinction event?
>Dad: I don't think they would have been around for too much longer, I mean they were so big, that they were bound to die off if they got any bigger. If you get too big you eventually fail.
>>
>>8563297
>I'm applying to grad school for next Fall.
I hope you're not a white male, for your own sake.
Because if you are you are about to get fucked so hard you won't be able to sit down for a week.
>>
>>8564684
>oy bey da man be keepin' me down!

Might as well just trash your application before you start, with that attitude. Anyways, grad school is harder to get into for asians than Whites since they already over-saturate the market, so you really have no room to bitch...
>>
>>8564733
Oh fuck off. I'm not a defeatist, but that doesn't mean I can't bitch about the system.

For a fun game take a read of this thread:
http://www.physicsgre.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5572
and skip the demographic info in each post and just read the qualifications and then look at where they got in, then attempt to guess their demographic based on that.
>>
>>8564733
Shh you're interfering with his /pol/ persecution complex
>>
>>8564758
And you can fuck off, too. I don't go on /pol/ or subscribe to their ideology, but if you are the wrong race or gender your likelihood of acceptance at any particular school is greatly decreased. That's a fact and if I'm allowed to complain about anything then I'm allowed to complain about that. Even if we accept the premise that disparate acceptance rates are a good thing overall, it still just objectively sucks for a lot of people.
>>
>>8564773
LOL holy shit I called it perfectly with the persecution complex huh?
>>
>>8564779
Your post makes me think I could have typed anything and I would have gotten the same response. I think what I said was pretty reasonable, and you're just acting like an ass.
>>
>>8564787
>the world is oppressing me because of my white skin, I have to be a non-brainlet to get into grad school ;_;
Grow up dude, go live in a country like Rhodesia and then see how much of a massive faggot you are being
>>
>>8564793
Good strawman. Maybe next time you could greentext what I actually said.
I honestly don't know what you're even talking about with the Rhodesia thing. The implication appears to be that I can't complain about anything because I don't live in fucking Rhodesia. Is that what you're saying? Or is it specifically this issue? If so, then why?
>>
>>8564804
>BAWWWWW
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564810
Yeah, that's what I figured. Good talk.
>>
File: 1480946859463.jpg (45KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1480946859463.jpg
45KB, 640x640px
>Sitting down to Christmas Eve dinner
>Uncle says 'you're almost finished with your geology degree'
>'yeah, next semester'
>'did they teach you that climate change bullshit is just a theory right'

If my mother hadn't interrupted I would have lost my shit.
>>
>>8564812
>>>/pol/
Go back
>>
>>8564817

>let me tell you about your field

Those people are the worst.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>Christmas dinner
>Everyone raving over the mashed potatoes
>Aunt says "I'll need a second helping of those"
>Dad: "I could eat -1/12 helpings of those potatoes"
>Uncle: "Oh, you're on a diet?"
>Dad: "No, that's actually infinite helpings. Anon is smart, he's going for his PhD. in math. Anon, explain to everyone how the sum off all numbers is actually equal to -1/12."
>Say I've never heard that before, give him a weird look
>Dad explains: "Well, this Indian mathematician was trying to solve on of the Millenium prize problems, and he found that 1+2+3+4 and so on actually equals -1/12 when you get to infinity. Physics even confirms it."
>mfw
>>
>>8564856
This happened.
>>
>>8564856
Is it okay if i was saying the same things 3 years ago?
>>
>>8563212
Don't talk shit on infowars faggot
>>
>>8564876
t. brainlet
>>
>>8564876
Alex Jones is a chronic liar and paranoid schizophrenic.
I'd say it's kind of funny to watch, but I would feel bad about making fun of the mentally ill.
>>
>>8564625
I'm so sorry anon
>>
>>8564836
fuck off with your shitposting
>>
>>8564856
>desperate to validate his son's genes
HERE GROUP, LOOK AT MY GLORIOUS OFFSPRING
happens to everyone, whether it be math or beauty makeup
>>
>>8564897
>>>/pol/
You have to go back
>>
>>8564900
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8564904
Your link is broken. Here's a working one
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564897
>>8564900
>>8564904
>>8564914
Guys stop. The conversation was over at my last post:
>>8564804
telling each other to just go somewhere else in an endless loop is just spamming the thread.
>>
>>8564922
If you don't want to be told to go back to /pol/ over and over again, maybe you should go back to /pol/

Here, take this:
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564925
>look mom i'm le trolling haha xD
>>
>>8564926
>getting told to go back to a board i supposedly don't browse so deeply upsets me that I consider it "trolling"
hmmm
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 217x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 217x232px
>At Xmas Brunch with family
>uncle brings up the formation of the earth
>"it all started from DUST! Isn't it strange that one particle of dust was able to collect all of this mass?"
>me: "well yeah gravitation" blah blah "molecular attraction" so on
>"But we're spinning at 2000 miles per hour! How is it possible for all of the things on Earth to stay attached? If I spun my tires at 2000 mph you'd be sure that all of the mud would fly off! That's just bizarre!"
>mfw he's not getting it
>me: "earth spins once a day. If you spin the tire once a day the mud doesn't fly off" relative size and what not
>"I don't know it's just real bizarre if you think about it!"
>think he's done
>but wait there's more
>"How does the weight of the ocean not push the land out of the way? It's real bizarre that all of the MEGATONS of water in the ocean doesn't push this land out of the way! How is the earth so stable?!"
>me: "density of the earth and relative size of the rest of the mantle and crust" so on so forth
>"i don't know, it's just REAL bizarre..."

Kill me /sci/. I'm no geophysicist or a physicist for that matter but this shot is just common sense.
>>
>>8564886
It's better than what most other media feeds you. Besides, Alex often does bring up some good points
>>
>>8564931
>i supposedly don't browse
>>8564926
isn't me, and so whoever that person isn't hasn't necessarily claimed that.
This is a farce, and to make it simpler I am done with this conversation.
>>
>>8563297
>Slam. Fucking. Dunk.
autism
>>
>>8563127
I thik he means that the good thing about the Schrödinger's cat thought experiment is that you can use it to explain some of the wierd shit of QM without beeing too formal and Boring. Not that the prupose of Schrödinger had when formulating his experiment was to make it easy to explain.
>>
>>8564931
>how dare you browse /pol/ omg i'm triggered fuck you racist hitler!!
>>
>>8564968
Go home brainlet
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564971
>wahhh wahhh I'm smart I swear!
news flash: people can browse more than one board
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8564971
Go back hysterical child
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564986
You really have to go back.
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8564998
>look mom i'm still doing it xD
>>>/reddit/
>>
/sci/ is so fucking dumb why did I even come here.
>>
>>8564935
Your uncle is beyond brain-dead.
>>
>>8565014
He listens to a lot of AM radio where they discuss government conspiracies and "bizarre" things
>>
>>8565038
Hes just REDPILLED unlike you science cucks with your differential equations and systematic peer review. USA USA USA
>>
>>8565043
stop shitposting
>>
>dad brings up double slit experiment
>"how does the light know it's being measured"
>me: "it doesn't, you collapse the wave function by measuring...."
>dad: "that doesn't makes sense, how can it be a wave one second and a particle one second"
>me: "well it doesn't have to make sense if it's been observed and reproduced under laboratory conditions"
>dad: "it still doesn't make sense"
>me: "sorry, if you really want to understand it you need to do a lot of background reading. i can give you some books to read"
>dad: starts going on about how smart i think i am

>dad later: why don't you ever want to talk to me
>>
>>8565045
How about you stop shitposting you fucking liberal cuck, you are just upset that you can't censor the redpills coming down your throat from pure aryan godfearing truth seekers such as myself. Sorry, but I don't need (((science))) to tell me what should be common sense.
>>
>>8565059
stop shitposting, no one with half a brain thinks you're from /pol/
>>
>>8565120
Nice try shill, nobody is going to fall for your kike misdirection tricks, Schlomo.
>>
>>8565120
>Sorry, but I don't need (((science))) to tell me what should be common sense.
Pretty sure he was joking, man.
>>
>>8565134
>I'll shitpost every thread whining about /pol/ being a problem
>what they aren't a problem? I'll create a problem then and pretend it's them!
pathetic desu
>>
>>8563215
If you can't explain the topic because you don't understand it aren't you the popsci normie fag?
>>
>>8565137
The only people who defend /pol/ are /pol/tards
>The only people who defend /pol/ are /pol/tards
>>
>>8564684
Maybe he's not a brainlet
>>
>>8565142
>shitposts every thread he can
>but I swear /pol/ is the problem, not me
>>
>>8565147
Why do you hate free speech?
>>
>>8565150
free speech means it's not illegal to share your retarded thoughts, not that I can't make fun of you for being a retard
>>
File: 1482621892989.png (45KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
1482621892989.png
45KB, 500x303px
>>8563072
>>8563068

there's a lot of good ones
>>
>>8565153
Glad we're in agreement then
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565160
>Okay, I know I'm the problem with the board, and /pol/ isn't, sorry for trying to frame them
>But I'll continue pretending I'm not assblasted and keep directing people I don't like to /pol/
>>
File: new EU.jpg (64KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
new EU.jpg
64KB, 512x512px
>>8564876
>>8564886
>>8564936
>>8563212
reminder that you should all be watching the No Agenda Show instead
>>
>>8565163
>i spend all my time defending /pol/ on the science section of an anime inage board
>but im not /pol/ I swear!
>>
>>8565166
here's a thought: someone's identity has very little to do with which anonymous anime imageboards they post in

like you, posting in /sci/ doesn't make you smart or grown up
>>
>>8565166
>how dare you call me out on lying
wow
>>
>>8565171
>someones identity has very little to do with
Yeah /pol/tards spew their shit incessantly and get extra defensive about their beliefs because it isn't part of their identity amirite?

In b4
>/pol/ dindu nuffin!
>>
>>8565173
>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565175
the only one shitposting all over and rambling on irrelevant shit is you
>>
>>8565177
>I lie and when called out direct people to /pol/
wow
>>
>>8565171
The exception to this being /pol/, where everyone who posts there is both incredibly unintelligent and does form their entire identity around meme spam.
>>
>>8565181
>I REALLY REALLY don't like /pol/! I swear!
we got this the first 124214921 times
could you stop shoving this down everyone's ears now?
>>
>>8565180
>i get extremely butthurt when someone points out my board of origin
>>
>>8565184
Can you stop posting on a biard that isn't /pol/ now? Thanks in advance
>>
>>8565185
>I will lie in an anonymous imageboard and then engage in a shitpost fight with whoever called me out to try to save face
wow
>>
>>8565187
>>>/pol/
Wow
>>
>>8565186
/sci/ isn't your secret club. you don't have any say in who can post here.
>>
>>8565185
what's a board of origin? people aren't born in anime imageboards wtf
4chan isn't a collection of secret clubs you belong to. retarded newfag
>>
>>8565189
You don't have any recourse about being told to fuck off back to your containment board >>>/pol/
>>
>>8565192
>after whining in multiple threads and lying to convince people there's a problem with the people I don't like, I will become a nuisance and shitpost against anyone who talks to me
>>
>>8565191
>>>/pol/
You have to go back. Nobody would get this emotionally invested about defending /pol/ if they didn't browse /pol/. Just admit you go there and this will all be over
>>
>>8565194
Just admit you browse /pol/, there is no ither reason you would engage me other than being a butthurt /pol/tard and you know it, everybody knows it.
>>
>>8565059
Topkek
>>
>>8565195
>emotionally invested
honestly, anyone who can see a faggot newfag lying to frame people he doesn't like would call them out on it

what the fuck do you mean with "admit" anyway? it's not a crime to browse several boards.
>>
>>8565200
So you admit to browsing /pol/ then?
>>
>>8565198
>after whining in multiple threads and lying to convince people /pol/ is a problem, after being called out on it, I'm SURE this guy who called me out browses /pol/, and that's a crime because it triggers me

you're a little genius aren't you? impressive for being 12
>>
>>8565201
sure, there's literally nothing wrong with that, retarded newfag
>>
>>8563751
Yes, it is. Intelligent people ALWAYS find a way to obtain formal education, if they were born in poverty they work, hustle and find intelligent ways to get a formal education.

Everyone else is just lying to themselves. Basically, you're the egomaniac and you were just a brainlet all along.
>>
>>8565202
>i dont browse /pol/ I swear!
>>
>>8565207
I'm clearly saying it's obvious that I browse /pol/ you retard
>>
>>8565205
You have to go back.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565210
>look mom I'm doing it again
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>8565209
Glad you finally admitted it. Now go back there. Here, I will help

>>>/pol/

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565214
>admitted it
it's not something I was hiding at any point, newfag
>>>/reddit/
>>
Today I learned something.
Today I learned the surefire way to just completely firebomb a thread.
To completely rape the shit out of nagasaki but in thread form.
To complete a final solution, a holocaust if you will, on a thread is to complain about the race disparity in college admissions.
I am so sorry I will never do it again.
>>
>>8565212
>>>/pol/

Stay out.
>>
>>8565217
>wahhhh go away this is my sikrit club
n e w f a g
>>>/reddit/
>>
>points out the obvious fact that all things being equal, the same application coming from a lesbian african-american girl with a high quality sob story won't be more favored more than a normal white guy
>must be from /pol/!

Shit I'm half-black and my parents encouraged me to exaggerate shit my blackness in my applications.
>>
>>8565215
Of course you weren't. Now go back

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565219
>pretending to be black for more credibility somehow (???)
/pol/ is really mining new depths of pathetic
>>
>>8565221
why does /pol/ make you so buttblasted anyway? can I see your tumblr page?
>>
>>8565222
>what is affirmative action
of course it pays off to exaggerate your blackness in an admission

>people who disagree with me must be of X race
the irony is always lost on SJWs
>>
>>8564876
infowars is as reliable as young turks
You are an idiot for following either
>>
>>8565223
>eeveryone who doesnt like /pol/ is tumblr!
Nice logical fallacy. You don't belong here.

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8565223
>extremely loud, dumb, annoying, pathological liars who legitimately deserve suffering and death

gee i wonder
>>
>>8565226
so can I see it? are you a 15 year old demi-pan-anti-dildo-deer-kin?
>>
>>8565227
>calls others pathological liars after being called out on lying just now
uhhh
>>
>>8565227
>people I don't like deserve suffering and death
the ideology of equality strikes again
>>
File: 20161226_233305.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161226_233305.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>8565222
>>
>>8565216
its a shame too, cause it is an issue worth discussing.
>>
>>8565236
I really think affirmative action is senseless shit and should be erradicated
>>
>>8565236
Right? I thought it seemed relatively innocuous when I said it but god damn.
>>
>>8565249
stop shitposting
>>
File: 99f.jpg (18KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
99f.jpg
18KB, 600x419px
>>8565249
kek, good work anon!
>>
>>8565252
also me
>>
File: 1467656875083.jpg (108KB, 591x700px) Image search: [Google]
1467656875083.jpg
108KB, 591x700px
>>8565249
y-you should take a break, a-anon-kun
>>
>>8565049
What's is it with old people and looking up fact.
Everytime they bullshit me, I pull out my phone and verifie their claims. They get all butthurt when I do so.
>>
>>8565270
*eats ur burg*
*pushes anime girl aside*
EVERYONE GO BACK TO
>>>/pol/
AND
>>>/reddit/
!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8563059
>quantum shit is all theory and no application
Very few of it is actually useful in chemistry, but the majority indeed is useless.
>>
>>8564935
>this shit is just common sense
I don't know, Anon...
Sounds really bizarre.
>>
File: Armenians.jpg (60KB, 605x642px) Image search: [Google]
Armenians.jpg
60KB, 605x642px
>>8565225
Yeah but he's funny
>>
>>8565321
holy shit thats hilarious
>>
>>8563120
Trained idiot monkey here, and I could explain Schrodinger's cat in a way normies could understand easily. Don't compare me to that sperg.
>>
>>8564856
Lol
>>
>>8563019
>you have to take a modern physics course
>pretending you don't know what schrodinger's meme is

You could have stopped this
>>
>>8563019

You should have snapped "its not true! Its not true at all!" and refused to speak of it again.
>>
>>8565321
point conceded
>>
>>8563766
genuine kek
>>
>>8565007
Are you me?
>>
>>8563019
At least you have a family... Wanna trade!
>>
>>8567131
I can be your family :-)
>>
>>8563019
t. social retard
>>
/v/ autism +/pol/ aggressiveness = /sci/
>>
>>8563766
Paste this with Mr greasy from numberphile and I will get you a literature Nobel
>>
>>8563019
This is funny anon, you shouldn't be such a kunt though. Next time just Carl sagen ex0lain it
>>
>>8563297
This, Is Going to happen
>>
>>8563212
Damn your sister sounds hot, pass her my way you fucking sperg
>>
>>8563061
>photons are not discrete quantizable particles

loving every fucking laugh, when will quantum brainlets stop posting
>>
>>8563120
Hey can you quickly explain quantum electrodynamics woah whats with all the math?
>>
>>8563748
>That pic
>No umami
Why.
>>
>>8563071
I'm not sure I actually get it. Here's my attempt at the cat explanation

"So you put a cat in a box. The box is rigged so after closing the box, poison gas is released half of the time. So there is a 50:50 chance that the cat is either alive or dead. We can model the behavior of the cat based on this probability split. However, what's cool is at the quantum level, this distribution is no longer just a model. Particles will actually be in both states at once and behave as a combination of what would happen in both states."
>>
>people just starting to learn about quantum mechanics
>EM drive confirms pilot wave and disproves Coppenhagen
>all this outdated knowledge will take forever to be cleared from the brainlet psyche

people still can't accept Pluto not being a planet, now this
>>
>>8563114
You only damage control you'll need is when I fucking FADE YOU!
>>
>>8569365
>photons are not just time-correlated energy level changes of systems possessing charge

loving every fucking laugh etc
>>
>>8569729
The whole pic is bullshit anyway, your tongue has receptors for every taste all over it.
>>
>>8564793
rhodesia isn't a country einstein
>>
File: 456456123123.jpg (13KB, 158x190px) Image search: [Google]
456456123123.jpg
13KB, 158x190px
>>8563019
>I don't understand a topic well enough to explain it to others, but I understand it just well enough to shit all over everyone else who makes an attempt.

/sci/ summarized.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.