[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[1] "Your immune system makes antibodies and releases c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: sida.png (290KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
sida.png
290KB, 500x500px
[1] "Your immune system makes antibodies and releases chemicals to protect you. That causes the initial swelling."

For some random reason I was just googling what made the swelling when a mosquito bites you and apparently it's your immune system. Anyone knows what chemicals or wtv creates the swelling? I'm looking for a connection between mosquito bites and HIV since I assume it weakens your immune system it should also stop it from creating the swelling after you're bitten by a mosquito no?

[1]http://earthsky.org/human-world/what-causes-the-red-bump-around-a-mosquito-bite
>>
>>8561970
>I'm looking for a connection between mosquito bites and HIV
HIV doesn't replicate in the mosquito's gut, so it would be very hard for HIV to be transmitted via mosquitoes. HIV targets your helper-T cells.

Maybe this might help?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/06/160621132526.htm

http://www.cell.com/immunity/pdfExtended/S1074-7613(16)30205-9
>>
You're talking about two different parts of the immune system. Swelling is not due to any cells but rather the chemical signals (cytokines, bradykinin and others) that make your blood vessels more permeable for your immune cells that are attracted through chemotaxis, the first ones are usually neutrophilic granulocytes which are part of your innate immune system. However since blood vessels are more permeable that also leads to a slighet edema. T-cells that are targeted by HIV are part of your adaptive immune system. I'm not sure it is that relevant anyway. I forgot what I was answering though, if you want to look into specifics follow the links above me.
>>
>>8562001
OP here, just smoked some pot, I'm high as a kite. You sir are the best. You just told me everything I needed to know . And I can clearly tell you know this by heart. I'm sure you're really good at it.
>>
File: IMG_1059.png (76KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1059.png
76KB, 500x300px
>>8561997
You misunderstand, he wants to see if giving himself HIV will make him immune from annoying itchy mosquito bites.
Bit extreme but who are we to judge.
>>
>>8562007
Lucky bastard.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.