[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am considered "slow" "stunted" emotionally/socially.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: xidaidai.jpg (184KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
xidaidai.jpg
184KB, 960x1280px
I am considered "slow" "stunted" emotionally/socially. I didn't understand the social issues and didn't understand many of the social things, however I did excel in science/math meanwhile most of the peers were dumb as rocks.

I understand that well to-do people have balanced science/math - social development, would I be considered a mentally retard by some definition?
>>
>>8558382
Yeah, probably and rightfully so. Guys like you annoy me just as much if not more than stupid people.
>>
>>8558389
Yeah, at least you find stupid people relatable.
>>
>>8558382
1) are you self aware of these social problems you have?

2) do you learn from your mistakes or others mistakes about social cues so you know what do to next time?

If yes to both, you're not mentally retarded. You MAY (emphasis because I don't know for sure) have a mild form of aspergers syndrome but it's nothing to worry about. I'm slow on social cues too. Plenty of people are like this in STEM.
>>
>>8558408
>1
I am aware of it, or rather I became aware of it in recent years. It was causing some issue and finally after deliberate research, I was able to point it down.

>2
I try to adapt what I know to things as much as possible (as my mind allows) without breakdown of my mental faculties. So I have small sets of rules that I apply to the world that has eased up on how things work in social settings.

Still it feels bit weird understanding when people are teenagers, they had fully developed social relations and emotional maturity. While I could never imagine what took place in the minds of people at the time besides the usual "work/school" type. I had always assumed people were bit like robots and their interactions were limited solely to their basic function. Interpersonal/social relationship was completely absent in my mind.

>Assburger
One of the doctor I saw a year or two ago noted that, but I didn't pay much attention to that, however there might be some merit. It however seems bit useless in diagnosis. I keep the base assumption that I'm introvert like many others, that seems to work out just fine.
>>
>>8558382
No, you are gifted, use your skills. You aren't losing much by not having a good social development.
>>
File: [anguishes externally].jpg (177KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
[anguishes externally].jpg
177KB, 750x864px
>>8558382
is that a guy
>>
>>8558507
No, but it wont matter because she's Chinese and already has a boyfriend.
>>
>>8558404
No, I just don't have to constantly deal with stupid people's stupidity whenever I interact with them. Socially retarded people on the other hand are a nuisance.
>>
>>8558543
Wouldn't socially retarded people generally not be social? So why would they go out of their way to bother them? Unless ofcourse, you're the one instigating the issue.

Still it matters not.
>>
>>8558552
>>8558543
He's angry because he is a socially retarded too and can vent his frustration lying on the net.
>>
>>8558486
I think you just lack some training. If you rarely interacted with people before its no surprise that its not easy for you to speak to them.

I mean, social skill is just that, just another skillset, just like math or something else. To train it you need to speak to people, and also can analyse what you do wrong/right and so on.
Those people you think are stupid just (not willfully of course, that just the way it goes) decided to spent more time on interaction then on some other skill like math and programming, while you did your own stuff. So now you know math, and they know, how to speak to girls. And you can kinda learn it too, people are not That complicated, just dont treat them like robots or formulas, people are not logical, but there is still logic in their behavior.

And dont listen to autists, who say you dont need people. Humans are social aminals, we usually need other people, so we dont fall into depression and so on.
I mean, just look at 4chan, why are those people here, if they dont need others?
>>
>>8558382
>would I be considered a mentally retard by some definition?
You could say that you are socially retarded
>>
>>8558389
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
A lot of companies are so great that they can afford to lose one or two geniuses if they think he would be insufferable to work with.
You don't have to be likeable, but you should work on it to the extent that people tolerate your presence and are willing to talk to you.

This includes personal hygiene and even how good you look. Basically, look at normies and do what they do.
>>
>>8558543
>Socially retarded people on the other hand are a nuisance.
You lost?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.