[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I flew on a training plane and expienced 4g and -0,5 g Can someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: wefwefewfew.jpg (48KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
wefwefewfew.jpg
48KB, 1280x720px
I flew on a training plane and expienced 4g and -0,5 g

Can someone explain this carefullly to me?

Why did I experience these forces just by going down? I mean i dont think the plane was able to accelerate at 36m/s^2

It was a propeller one
>>
>>8558367
>I mean i dont think the plane was able to accelerate at 36m/s^2
That's the centripetal force caused by the wings diverting the air in order to make the plane turn. I do glider flying as a hobby, some planes can handle up to 8g during steep turns.
>>
The fact that the plane is driven by a propeller is irrelevant. Only the wings mater when you "pull Gs" and yes, small aircraft are easily capable of doing these maneuvers.
>>
what type of maneuver brings more gs?

going down

or turning the plane 90ยบ with the ground, then going up

?
>>
>>8558367
>Airplane pushes -0.5g for, say, 2 seconds
>Lift on the wings is downwards, and equal to half the airplane's weight
>With the help of gravity, airplane accelerates downwards at g + 0.5g or 14.7 m/s^2
>At the end of the 2g pushover, the airplane is diving at roughly 29.4 m/s
>Airplane levels off sharply in 1 second, accelerating upwards at 4g - g or 29.4 m/s^2
>Lift required for this pullout 4x the aircraft's weight
>>
>>8558367
When people talk about G-forces in a plane, they mean vertical acceleration, i.e. perpendicular to the plane's motion. A plane in level flight is a 1G maneuver (since you always have that 1G from Earth's gravity). A plane flying level but inverted (upside down), would be -1G. When a plane is doing a "4G" maneuver, if you assume it's wings are level, that means it's accelerating upwards at 3G, which is added to the 1G you get from gravity.

Likewise, a 0G maneuver is one where the plane is descending at 1G, which cancels out the Earth's gravity.

In practice, though, usually when they talk about G's, it's usually happening in a banked turn, so you have to do a bit of trigonometry to calculate the total G rating.

And propeller planes most certainly can manage multi-G maneuvers, however they only do so by exchanging some of their speed (kinetic energy) for lift, which means that acceleration can't be kept up for long. It's not that a 4G maneuver means the plane literally has a thrust-to-weight ratio of 4 to 1, rather it builds up kinetic energy over a period of time by accelerating gradually, then the pilot can pull back on the stick and translate some of that forward motion into vertical motion for a short period of time.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.