[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I require the scientific explanation as to why the fuck the blue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: wojo.jpg (87KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
wojo.jpg
87KB, 700x700px
I require the scientific explanation as to why the fuck the blue lights in my cheap chinashit christmas lights and decorations burn out so fast.
I got these things 2 days ago and now only the red and green lights light up.
Scratch that, as I type this I notice that the green lights are also giving out, red ones still shine bright, though.
wtf I hate christmas now
>>
Because they use series circuits.
>>
File: image01.jpg (86KB, 424x266px) Image search: [Google]
image01.jpg
86KB, 424x266px
>>8557107
Blue light has higher frequency and so higher energy so it burns very fast, green also has alot of energy but not as much as blue,and red has the smallest energy
t. popsci fag
>>
>2016
>Christmas lights still don't use LEDs
>>
>>8557107
Those lights dindu nuffin
>>
>>8557163
this, also higher frequency light costs more to be made, clearly the blue and green lights are some cheap shits rip offs
>>
File: #.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
#.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>8557163
>burns very fast
and you have burned so very very brightly
>>
>>8557163
Nigga what the fuck are you talking about

OPs lights are obviously just white lights encased in different-coloured transparent plastic. They would all use the same amount of energy.

My guess would be that OP is exaggerating this pattern of only the blue lights burning out and that it's just a coincidence.
>>
>>8557194
This honestly. Why the fuck would you buy cheap shit when for less than $100 you can get lights that will last until your preferred political boogeyman cancels Christmas?

Hell the energy cost on LED Christmas lights is so low you can use them for track lighting year round if you're a Christmas fan or colossal faggot like me.
>>
>>8557774
>oy vey goyim the blue lights are white too!
>its just a coincident!
>>
>>8557107
Maybe they're designed for a lower thermal output than the current is causing?
>>
>>8557163
The different colors come from the color of the bulb, not the light source itself.

My guess would be that there was some kind of defect in the blue bulbs from their manufacturing. So it might not be that there's anything wrong with blue lights generally, but just that the factory fucked up it's batch of blue lights somehow while the other colors were made correctly.

Or you just have a small sample size and it's coincidence.
>>
>>8557107
Experiment upping the voltage of a white led light - it becomes bright blue but it burns fast because it's not designed as that way. They just hacked the color 'blue.'
also
>blue
Christmas colors are green yellow red white and nothing else!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.