[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hypothetically if you had the best resources available and say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dumee.png (83KB, 315x160px) Image search: [Google]
dumee.png
83KB, 315x160px
Hypothetically if you had the best resources available and say 1000 years could you teach someone with a very low IQ higher level math?
>>
>>8550654
How low are we talking ?
>>
>>8550654
> 1000 years
> what is average human life expectancy?
>>
>>8550659
>hypothetically
>>
>>8550657
Just above retarded let's say.
>>
What's your definition of 'low-level intelligent'

I meant you can spend 1 million years talking to a clam and you're not going to teach arithmetic to a clam or have any meaningful conversation really.

If you talk about Tom from the meat packing plant, there is no reason you wouldn't be able to able to other then a mutual lack of inclination.
>>
>>8550665
Ok let us say that we have a borderline retarded person , so their iq level would be around 75.

I'd go to as far to say that about 115 is the limit to where people can understand elementary mathematical principles (ie, linear algebra, calculus, differential equations).

So being that low on the spectrum, even though IQ at higher levels rarely considered a good indication of actual intelligence. Considering our subject is devastatingly low, i highly doubt that he/she will ever conceptually grasp higher level math even at that large amount of time.

But id say that they could memorize solutions to problems and copy and paste the techniques?

This is just my opinion, its a fairly interesting conversion.
>>
>>8550665

No then.
>>
>>8550689
>I'd go to as far to say that about 115 is the limit to where people can understand elementary mathematical principles (ie, linear algebra, calculus, differential equations).
If this is bait then good job, you had me going.
>>
>>8550709
Do you suggest that a lower IQ to fully understand conceptual concepts behind those principles?
>>
>>8550689
interesting answer thanks
>>
>>8550718
I've known plenty of dummies who knew calculus, it's not that much of a stretch from baby algebra. I'd say that the jump from arithmetic to algebra is a bigger hurdle than algebra to calculus. The basic concepts aren't exactly mind-blowing.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.