[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lmao you people saying you need math to understand science are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Lmao you people saying you need math to understand science are so fucking stupid. I can visualize stuff happening like why the the light of the moon of jupiter takes longer to reach earth depending on where it is in the galaxy. And yeah, I can visualize time and space like a trampoline, you fucking retard. Where's your math now? Suck it.
>>
>>8550221
your imagination is less precise than math, so basically your imagination is like a really shitty physicist
>>
I suppose it's true you could visualize physical phenomena without math. But in many cases you'd need to understand the math to understand why those phenomena are the way they are.
>>
Why merely visualize physical phenomenon when you could create computational physics simulations using the magic of mathematics? Food for thought.
>>
>>8550221
But that's because you are high. When I get high I feel like I'm on the verge of discovering the answer to like everything.
>>
File: starsandshit.png (708KB, 602x452px) Image search: [Google]
starsandshit.png
708KB, 602x452px
>>8550221
>>
>>8551813
>bumping a b8 thread
It just wasn't very good b8, don't embarrass yourself.
>>
>>8550221
I used to think like that.
Then I took a physics course. Now I can't unsee what I've seen, and I wouldn't want to if I could

>>8551813
Protip: next time instead of bumping, just leave an obnoxious reply to one of the comments and people will be much more inclined to jump in
>>
The troll sucks but the question at the core is interesting. Maths is the language to precisely describe the things you claim you can visualise, not only needed for precision itself but also in order to prove things. Not only that, it extends to the abstract things you cannot possibly imagine.

Assuming the OP's words for a moment, why dont you explain a high dimensional module using your intuition?

>And yeah, I can visualize time and space like a trampoline, you fucking retard.

Huehue highschool physics babby
>>
>>8553854
Basically it's impossible to model something in our universe accurately without math. Otherwise it descends into philosophy and pure conjecture.
>>
Philosophers struggled with very basic concepts like motion (Zeno), gravity (Aristotle), infinity, etc. for a very long time. It was only when someone put them into rigorous math terms that people finally "got it."

Not to mention all the weird counterintuitive stuff that comes out from the math that you never would have come up with on your own -- incompleteness theorems, Banach-Tarski, independence results etc.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.