[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a /sci/ do you recognize that believing in a reality that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: pic.jpg (65KB, 793x457px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
65KB, 793x457px
As a /sci/ do you recognize that believing in a reality that exists independant of our senses is akeen to believing in the existence of a divine heaven or god? Both incomprehensible ideas.
Both example of a belief in a primal source of truth or knowledge from which all else flows and can be undertstood.
>>
>>8548666
Learn to spell, retard.
>>
>>8548666
Go away Satan, we don't want what you're selling.
>>
Except that it is supported by experiments, retard.
2/10 poor bait
>>
>>8548666
When one tries to understamd reality independant of mind one is left with is pure mathematics. A substrata of invisible leavers of our own creation, supposedly working behind the scene of reality keeping it going when we are not looking, like the wheels of a clock.
Much like the mathematical geometric forms of anciant greek astronomers, as they tried to explain and predict the movement of different celestial bodies in their geocentric models.
>>
>>8548683
Supported by experiments? Experiments can and have supported theories and ideas that we consider wrong today. I ma sure you could have thoght of that yourself instead of calling me a retard.
>>
>>8548666
Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: wasted trips.
>>
>>8548666
occam's razor

no evidence = no reason to assume so
>>
Science is simply a methodology that leads to the best solutions to the problems of a modern society.
Much like religion, theology, prayer, rituals, meditation and divine revelation were best to for solving the problems of the premodern world.
Much like the scientific method the pre scientific methods also "worked" according to their standars of what "to work well" meant.
>>
>>8548697
No reason to assume what?
>>
>>8548687
>What is the scientific method
Have you heard of falsifiability? Look up how science works faggot.
>>
>>8548707
Fallsifiability is a relatively new concept in science. Its modern.
The scientific method changes all the time unless you think we live in some sort of special time in history where we have find the best way to know what is true which we called the scinetific method and at the same time have polished this method to perfection ti be so till the end of time...

Scienc changes and has always changed and was around even before the word was widly used.
Many times we had theories and ideas that seemed to be confirmed by certain experiments but now we consider them wrong according to our contemporary way of handeling and evaluating experiments.
>>
The scientific method is simply a way to solve puzzles and find solutions to certain contemporary problems. some morons equate it with absolute truth(much like god) as if they were religious or something.
>>
>>8548747
Learn how to type, you fucking brainlet.
>>
>>8548751
Its the technical side of philosophy. When philosophy properly phrases a question it also phrases the soution in the same breath. Scientists are simply the techs that dig this solution up.
Like a song writer(the philosopher) and the song performer(the scientist).
>>
>>8548747
I don't know if you are trolling me or if you are just retarded. Read what you wrote moron.

>Many times we had theories and ideas that seemed to be confirmed by certain experiments but now we consider them wrong

Exactly, and BY NOW the scientific method leads us to the conclusion that there is an objective reality, so unless you're an omniscient time traveler, you are still a retard.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.