[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does water in movement drag light? If I put light inside a water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Does water in movement drag light? If I put light inside a water current, and the light is going against water's speed, will I see a slower beam of light?
>>
>>8548540
its not dragging light, light just constantly flows and is constantly messed with (direction changed) by the water.

It remains at the same speed.
>>
>>8548547
What if the water current is laminar and there is no turbulence?
>>
>>8548557
same exact thing
its movement in one direction is independent of the other.
If you shoot a bullet and drop a bullet they will hit the ground at the about same time assuming its perfectly flat.
>>
>>8548563
>>8548557
please note when I say perfectly flat I mean no curvature from the earth.
>>
>>8548581
Then, I don't understand Fizeau's experiment.
>>
>>8548540
Yes
>>
Yes i would think you can seeing as that water greatly decreases the speed in which light travels, And as they are particles that move from point a to point b over a particular amount of time then if you where to quickly move the medium in which the light is traveling i dont see what would be keeping the light from following the same path through that medium. seeing as that photons have no mass, it has no momentum to appose the force exerted by the water pulling it in a different direction. But you would have to move the water at near the speed of light to achieve any real noticeable effect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.