[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comment absolutely anything (experiences/opinions/best subject

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Comment absolutely anything (experiences/opinions/best subject choices) on the International Baccalaureate programme.
>>
>>8548462
Pretty damn stressful desu. My SLs were geography, physics and french, while my HLs were math english and chemistry.

Math was god-tier. So much more rigorous than any of the math classes. Physics was ok. It's a little disappointing that IB designed the physics curriculum to accommodate math studies student. Chem was pretty good. All the other subjects were ok. English was my worst subject
>>
>>8548462
Going to a top rated AP school in the US is a better option, had to do a bunch of idiotic bullshit for my ib program like ToK(theory of knowledge), CAS(creative,active, service), HL english &c.
>>
>>8548462
The content is pretty good, could do without CAS, I just faked all my community service. ToK is babby's first philosophy class, but still I'd say it's a good thing that they include it for everyone.
>>
>>8548462
My school only did it from grades 6 to 10. There was really no difference between it and taking honors courses other than the community service requirement and that gay final project.
>>
File: 1478707506866.jpg (74KB, 740x746px) Image search: [Google]
1478707506866.jpg
74KB, 740x746px
>>8548462
If I was as hardworking now as I was back then, I'd be a fucking demigod
>>
The people evaluating are retarded. My school principal who gave us math higher level told us that your basically throwing a dice. They have cryptic subjective bullshit and tedious retarded problems. Seriously, an overated meme tgat tries to """challenge" """ you by making a putting more and more bullshit.
>>
easy as long as you dont let the usual year 11-12 drama get to you.

if you study even 50% of what you will be studying like in uni you'll be fine.

content is easy.

AP is harder and A-levels is the hardest.
>>
>>8549019
For math HL that's not true.
>>
>>8549047
I took HL Math, Further Math, and several AP math classes and I can certainly say the IB classes were a lot harder. It is very easy to get a 5 in the AP exam because of how low the grade boundaries are.
>>
>>8549047
Really?

I found Math Hl pretty easy.

Further Math Hl is comparable to Further Maths A levels.
>>
>>8549099
I found Further Math HL to be harder, but that is my opinion.

True though, Math HL was quite simple.
>>
Taking it right now.
It's not too bad, as another anon mentioned TOK is weird but I found it useful in writing other essays for shit like History and Lit. Math HL 2 is the hardest math in my school and I'm so far managing an A.

Of the exams I've taken, I nearly missed a 6 on Economics Sl and got a 6 on French SL. This year will be four HL's, physics, math, history and English A.

Extended essay is two weeks overdue for my advisor, though.
>>
>>8548462
Cool program in the sense that you get to meet decent teachers and students who you'll stick with throughout high school. Some IB students are autistic, unbearable "pre med" type students who do nothing but argue with the teacher for an extra point on a test, but I met some cool people.

Didn't like the program in the sense that you need to jump through a bunch of bullshit loopholes i.e CAS, ToK, etc. Granted, those 150 CS hours will help you application for college. ToK can develop essay writing skills, but it just seems like a pointless class. I also hated writing essays for math. What I'm getting at is there are a lot of things you need to bullshit.

But I'd say it's totally worth it. The curriculum will prepare you for college, and you develop public speaking skills since you need to give a shitload of orals, presentations, etc, and community service.

My most hated class was Spanish 4. Fuck that class. Either way, IB isn't ridiculously hard as people make it seem. Just put put forth some work effort and you'll get your diploma.
>>
>>8548462
I think that it was definitely worth doing the program in retrospect. I came into college as a mid-year sophomore due to all the credits I got from IB, as well as some AP classes. I didn't have to take any of the dumb gen eds that we're forced to take.

They make you do some bullshit like CAS and ToK, but even considering that I would still do it again. It required me to take classes that I know I would not have taken the AP version of, like Spanish and environmental sciences.

Don't believe the IB memes though. College is significantly harder than IB, especially if you're going to do STEM.
>>
>>8548462
kicked my dick inside-out in my freshman year, dropped out of it and never looked back
>>
>>8552762
>freshmen year
Anon, they're practically regular honors classes before junior year. You didn't even start the hard stuff.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.