[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even possible to calculate the volume for this trapezoid?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20161215_234122.jpg (633KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161215_234122.jpg
633KB, 3120x4160px
Is it even possible to calculate the volume for this trapezoid?

(Ignore the red drawings, that's just me trying to do some futile shit)
>>
>>8541318
Don't you learn this in calc 1?
>>
>>8541318
Probably using calculus
>>
Imagine the thing on top being a box and then halve the volume
>>
>>8541318
Dude just find the area of the surface and times it by its width

It's not that hard
>>
>>8541329
I am almost sure this is bullshit.
>>
>>8541329
None of the side (okay, there are 2) are equal in length
>>
>>8541327
Wrong because the top isn't flat. If you halve it you would be taking away more volume than you actually need.

What you need to do is pretend that the top is a box and then subdividing the box like you did for the original box.

Repeat this process infinitely (as you will never get a perfect box, but an inclined one like the original) and if you see a pattern then write out the general form of the infinite sum and then ask wolfram alpha to compute it.
>>
>>8541340
Find the general equation for the area and integrate the equation

Either that or you make a model and find the volume like old Archimedes
>>
>>8541354
What are you even talking about
>>
File: 1481816831153.jpg (951KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1481816831153.jpg
951KB, 3120x4160px
I'm shit at geometry so I would do something like this.
>>
>>8541371

That draw looks like you printed the OP image, wrote and draw on top of it, scanned it, and uploaded it.

How did you do it? software? do you have an screen which you can draw on it?
>>
>>8541407
You could do that with any tablet and stylus.

I know a guy who did this with Surface, so I'd imagine you could do the same with any other non-cheapo tablet as well
>>
File: 154.jpg (40KB, 340x319px) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
40KB, 340x319px
>>8541407
It's just a Wacom tablet, mate.
>>
>>8541318
[math]Is\ it\ 1,000\ ?[/math]
>>
>>8541414
>>8541417
thanks! lo sospeche desde un principio

>>8541318
Going back to the OP, why don't you make triangles and pyramids, calculate the volume of those pyramids and then sum 'em all?
>>
>>8541421
I tried. It just getting harder, since I'm dealing with demicals
>>
>>8541318
Yes it is.
There exists a unique solution as should be obvious.

You can also easily define its set in R^3 and integrate it giving you the volume you need.
>>
>>8541318
Not enough information OP, are the vertical lines perpendicular to the bottom horizontal lines? If so then it's pretty trivial. If not then you need to give angles otherwise it's not well determined.

All you other guys are retarded
>>
Couldn't you just define all the planes with vector planes (sorry, if I get terms wrong, I mostly do math in German), then use excel to simulate random points and every point that lies outside the box does not get counted?
I get that it is kind of a brute force approach, but it would give you a good result (assuming the number of points you simulate is high enough)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.