[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thought Michio Kaku was more of a meme than he was a real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: kaku.png (287KB, 487x473px) Image search: [Google]
kaku.png
287KB, 487x473px
I thought Michio Kaku was more of a meme than he was a real scientist. What's /sci/'s opinion on him?

Link: http://upliftconnect.com/scientist-proved-god-exists/
>>
>>8540706
Dirty chink.
>>
>>8540706
He hasnt done any real science since the 1970s , and his understanding of physics atm is laughable. I mean heres his description of the higgs boson:
>The Higgs boson is often called “the God particle” because it’s said to be what caused the “Big Bang” that created our universe many years ago. The nickname caught on so quickly partly because it’s a great explanation of what it’s supposed to do - the Higgs boson is what joins everything and gives it matter.

The Higgs had nothing whatsoever to do with causing the Big Bang. It also doesn’t "join everything" whatever that means. It does give *mass* to elementary particles like electrons and quarks, which isn’t the same as giving “matter” (since that kind of doesn’t make any sense), and besides which it doesn’t give mass to protons and neutrons and therefore most of the mass in ordinary objects.

Its like he just decided fuck it, why do real scince when i can just make shit up and the public wont know the different anyway.

my favorite quote made by a real theoretical physicist about him is
>It seems that Professor Kaku feels it necessary, in order to engage the imagination of the public, to make spectacular distortions of the physics behind the Higgs field and the Higgs particle, even to the point of suggesting the Higgs particle triggered the Big Bang.

>In doing this, Professor Kaku sows confusion among journalists and the public, and undermines the efforts of serious particle physicists to explain and convey, both vividly and accurately, the science and the excitement of our time. And on what grounds does he justify this? Doesn’t the taxpaying public deserve the truth? Isn’t the truth already exciting enough? And what will the public think of science if, in this information era, the promulgation of falsehoods and near-falsehoods on national media is unanswered by complaints from other scientists?
>>
>>8540706
Absolute madman like most popsci guys that shill a fuckton

But hey, he's trying to make people get into STEM (kinda) so it's a good thing (for the universities)
So i guess it should be a kind of /sci/ dream, just like /g/ has them too with Linus

>He isn't getting money from just making shit up and having fun
>>
>>8540768
>i know more physics Xd
>no math
hmm
>>
>>8540706
EUPHORIC FEDORAS BTFO
How would they even recover?
>>
>>8540855
what are you talking about?
>>
>>8540706
My prof recommended his book on quantum field theory for our classical field theory classes
>>
>>8540706
>Prince ea
All you need to know
>>
He came to my uni for a book signing.
No lectures.
None of the physics faculty mentioned his presence.
>respected
>>
>>8541215
>No lectures.
what would he even lecture about?
>>
File: Michiokaku.jpg (93KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
Michiokaku.jpg
93KB, 344x344px
He's pure meme. He hasn't proved anything.
>>
>>8540706
I don't trust any scientist that appears on TV any more
>>
>>8541305
>trusting any scientist at all
>>
>>8540863
lol you got BTFO. ice up son, ice up
>>
On Midnight In The Desert, he said the book "Man In The High Castle" was about quantum mechanics because it's an alternate history novel and quantum mechanics suggests branching realities.
>>
>>8540706
Your life is a meme
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.