[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have untreated ADHD, was diagnosed at age 6 and recently I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: heroin7.jpg (54KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
heroin7.jpg
54KB, 600x700px
I have untreated ADHD, was diagnosed at age 6 and recently I've had it confirmed again. Should I start taking Adderall?
>>
>free adderall

lucky cunt
>>
>>8538759
so I should take it?
>>
>>8538763
I was diagnosed at 14 and currently "take" (I really don't take it regularly despite the fact that it helps a shit load) 30mg vyvanse. It works pretty well, and when I do take it I don't feel that different and any difference I do feel is positive.

I would talk to your doctor though about what you should take as different medicines affect people in different ways, it'll be some trial and error to find something that works for you.

Keep in mind though ADHD medicine isn't a miracle focus drug, that's a meme. What it will do is give you the ability to focus, it won't make you focus.
>>
Just get a good night's sleep and drink tea in the morning instead of coffee.
>>
>>8538770
Do you find that you understand new concepts with ease compared to when you're not under medication. I'm well aware of the side effects and that it won't magically make me understand everything.
>>
>>8538782
If you were stupid before medication, you'll be stupid after it. It will, however, enable you to actually focus on the task at hand. If your problem is you just don't understand then odds are you'll struggle just as much with medication. If your problem is focus, then it will make things a lot easier.
>>
>>8538796
right, thanks for the information
>>
>>8538799
If you do truly have ADHD I recommend giving medication a chance regardless, just keep in regular contact with your doctor and try to find something that works for you.

Good luck anon
>>
>>8538815
Will do, thanks Anon.
Always wanted to take medication but my moms a psychologist and she was against medication since she said it would turn me into a ''Robot''
>>
>>8538843
The wrong medication can do that, it's about finding the right kind and the right dosage. Don't let your mom make these kinds of decisions for you. If you're still under 18 though you should be able to do fine in school without it, but you'll probably need it once you get to college.
>>
>>8538854
I'll be going to college soon, finished school with a 37 in the IB. I did however have a lot of anxiety attacks and self loathing due to my lack of concentration. I always felt like I was working 2x more than everyone else.
>>
>>8539041
ADHD meds can help with that if you find the right prescription. It'll seem like it sucks for a while till you find the right one, but once you do, it gets a lot better.
>>
>>8539103
Thanks for the help anon
>>
>>8539041
>feels like im working 2x as hard
This was me as well, started taking meds this summer. Worked just as hard as before but got 4 A's in comparatively hard classes instead of 3 C's and a B in easy shit. (Math/CS courses vs communication/english)

They don't give me a body high anymore so its hard to tell if they are working sometimes though.
>>
>>8539356
How quickly does your body build tolerance towards it? Should I then just go up in mg or just stay on my current dosage?
>>
>>8539378

Do what the doctor tells you, don't fuck with your dosages. The point is to get you focused, not high
>>
>>8539378
I'm cursed with a high tolerance for everything. Had to go to 40mg a day within 2 months, meanwhile 10mg turns my friends into robots for 7 hours. Same goes for any other drug we've done. You want it to work as long as possible, and amphetamine tolerance builds fast so don't chase the high. I'd say after 2 months the mental high was gone, and 3.5 the physical high was gone, which was my main queue that it had kicked in. The high is a side effect though in a way, my focus has been pretty stable after the initial few weeks where it was very high. That might just be me getting used to being functional as well though.

If your dosage is working, I would say stay on it, 60mg is the max dose most doctors are willing to give I believe. You don't want to use up all you options too fast.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.