[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the hardest part of Calc II and how can I make it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: jessica.png (76KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
jessica.png
76KB, 1366x768px
What's the hardest part of Calc II and how can I make it easier for myself? I've heard two different opinions about Calc II:

1. It's the hardest course in the calculus series, because it moves fast and is so much shit thrown at you at once
2. It's incredibly easy because it's just knowing a bunch of integration techniques and recognizing which to apply when looking at an integral, of which it's IBP or trig subsititution 95% of the time

Which is correct?
>>
>>8538292
Nigga just watch professor leanards calc 2 series on youtube and youll get no lower than a B.
I personally got an A this semester.
>>
>>8538292

Just work untill you get it. Unless you're a diagnosed retard you'll get it eventually.
>>
Somewhat related question from a calc 1 fag

I'm up all night cramming for my final. Should I even bother studying weird shit like Simpson's Rule or Riemann sums? Is there any chance they'll actually turn up on the final or is it all gonna be calc fundamentals?

I have a good grasp of everything I 100% know is going to be on there but I'm not sure what to spend the time I have left on - practice more of the basics or try to learn some of the weird extra shit?
>>
>>8538470
I had a question on Riemann sums in my Calc I exam. Its good to know since its actually pretty intuitive and is necessary for Calc II
>>
>>8538473

Thanks. I think they might be on there but it seemed like a lot to memorize just for one problem. I'll give it a shot, I can get part marks at least.
>>
Taking exam in 40 mins. If anything like the tests it should be ez
>>
>>8538292
>What's the hardest part of Calc II and how can I make it easier for myself?

The hardest part of Calc II is absolutely anti derivatives. It is the part that requires the most raw effort and maybe intuition.

In parts like volume of revolution and other applications of the integral, even if you are not too skilled at forming up the integrals you can actually instead break down the problem into like 5 simple integrals and then put them together by simply having a geometric understanding of what you are doing.

In anti derivatives... it is complete abstract theory. An antiderivatie doesn't really have any intuitive parts and much less do the methods have them. You cannot break down problems into easier ones, impossible. You get an anti derivative, you solve that anti derivative. No shortcuts allowed.

I would also say series but that is only at the beginning when you find the convergence by finding the general form of the nth sum but you only do that for like the first week of working with series. After that you learn like 50 theorems that allow you to prove convergence or divergence with minimal effort.

I would personally rename Calc II as "Theory of Summation" but it is funny that the hardest part of this course is the one thing that does not involve sums at all, antiderivatives.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.