[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, let's say my mother is 33% "something"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Legal-dna-testing.jpg (126KB, 750x420px) Image search: [Google]
Legal-dna-testing.jpg
126KB, 750x420px
Alright, let's say my mother is 33% "something" and the other 67% is irrelevant. Then let's say my father is irrelevant and does not have anything percent of "something" What percent of "something" would I have? Sorry if this doesn't belong here.
>>
what is half of 33?
>>
>>8537438
16.5%, you are not white
>>
How can you be a third of an ethnicity? Do you have three parents? Like two italian parents, and one greek?

The denominator is always a multiple of two for a reason.
>>
>>8537475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6hvcu2q0g4
>>
>>8537438
Biochem student here
Unfortunately that's not how genetics work
Assuming you're mother's mother was complete something and your mother's father was half something and half something else it doesn't mean she inherited 33% of whatever

look up meiosis and cross-over process

even then, you may inherit an x% of genes but never express them
>>
>>8537438
Is this "something" genetic? Or are we talking "my mother is 33% jew"?
>>
>>8537475
You could get close

[math]\sigma_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{n^4} = \frac{1}{3} [/math]
>>
>>8537741
whoops

[math]\Sigma_{n=1}^{\infty}\frac{1}{4^n} = \frac{1}{3} [/math]
>>
>>8537723
sure let's use "jew" as an example.
>>
>>8537438
These stock photos look so much cooler than the real deal. A solution of DNA or protein just looks like slightly cloudy water.
>>
>>8537819
Just add food coloring. I always keep some in my lab for that reason. It just isn't the same without it.
>>
>>8537748
Yeah there's plenty of ancestral combinations that could end up with 33% of one ethnicity. Of course assuming anything about your ancestry is dicey to begin with. Even if there's only a 2% rate of inconsistent paternity, going back ten generations makes you only 82% certain of one line. This applies to each of your lines of course the number of which increases exponentially. Certainty drops to negligible that any tree is reliable pretty quickly, and the real rate may be as high as 5-6%
>>
File: 1374043137538.jpg (123KB, 650x450px)
1374043137538.jpg
123KB, 650x450px
>>8537794
We'll work hard on answering your question, please sit in the waiting room in the meanwhile.
>>
>>8537957
It's a little warm in here, doc.
>>
>>8537438
If the something is fat hoes I've fucked then you're going to be want to do more look like what able to.
>>
>>8538055
Take the clothes off and put them in a pile outside the waiting room please. And also any gold fillings/valuables.
>>
>>8537448
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.