[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm quitting my engineering degree (3rd year) to study psychology.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1481564829158.jpg (22KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
1481564829158.jpg
22KB, 476x477px
I'm quitting my engineering degree (3rd year) to study psychology. Specifically aiming for a PhD in clinical psychology. Maybe one of you autists will be under my care. So say nice things about psychology ITT.
>>
>>8535080
lol fag
>>
from a fag to a huge fag. nice
>>
>>8535102
I have another year after this one, anon.
>>
>>8535080
How much does a Psychologist earn?
>>
>>8535080
Psychology is an MRS degree.
>>
>>8535117

Depends on what you do. 38000 Danish krones per month is the average, so roughly £4500, $7500, or €5300 per month. I'm not doing it for the money.
>>
>>8535080

clinical psychology phd's are some of the most competitive things on the planet, like 1:10 of people in a year get onto a course, let alone one at a good institution.
>>
>>8535140

The fact it's so oversaturated with women will make it far more easier to find work. Male clinical psychologists are in demand.
>>
>>8535154

You either chase your dreams or die with regret, anon.
>>
>>8535150
Holy shit dude 5.3k euro's a month. All you do is listen to depressed people and give advice?
>>
>>8535191

That's a conversion from Danish currency before taxes, it will vary from country to country obviously.
>>
psychology != science
>>
>>8535631

Humans are a lot more complicated than inanimate objects my friend.
>>
cognitive psychology ftw
it's peoples own fault that they suffer.
>>
introduce the scientific method to the field and maybe youll get the nobel prize for psychology.
how come they never thought about this?
>>
>>8535080
You know what would be fun.

Get a nice sample of psychologists who have been publishing for 5 to 10 years and then group them by IQ.

Then take their most important papers and try to reproduce them and then go one by one and see how often one of the psychologists just outright makes shit up.

The again group the data by the IQ of the researcher and you will most likely find that the papers that cannot be reproduced (have made up data) came from the lower IQ categories.

Then conclude that to save psychology you need to just deny entrance to brainlets. Like when people sign up for undergrad they must take an IQ test and if they score less than 130 then they are denied because there is too high a risk they will be a p-hacking, data manufacturing brainlet.
>>
>>8536167

But it does use the scientific method, but since you're dealing with people things become a lot more complicated. I would say clinical psychology is the most scientific, which is one of the reasons why I want to go down that path.
>>
>>8536175

Most psychologists are not researchers, they work in the field. Creating a 130+ IQ barrier would create a huge shortage of professionals for hospitals and so on.
>>
psychologists give me the meds that help manage my OCD, so that's nice
>>
>>8536175
>and see how often one of the psychologists just outright makes shit up.
not many of them

the problem with psychology is bad experimental design and poor theory, not corrupt researchers
>>
File: 1480686164646.jpg (28KB, 550x404px) Image search: [Google]
1480686164646.jpg
28KB, 550x404px
From Cancer to Cancer - The movie
Featuring: OP
>>
>>8536297
>the problem with psychology is bad experimental design and poor theory

Human psychology is very complex, anon.
>>
>>8535080
Nice blog, how do I unsubscribe?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.