[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>intelligence is a physical process that acts to maximize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1448837743332s.jpg (3KB, 125x104px) Image search: [Google]
1448837743332s.jpg
3KB, 125x104px
>intelligence is a physical process that acts to maximize the diversity of a system's accessible futures

what do you think of this statement?

Sources: Zoo Hypothesis
>>
>>8533204
pretty good

Identical to my preferred definition "ability to simulate your environment"
>>
>>8533280
>>8533204
intelligence is the ability to perform the least amount of effort to achieve a goal.
>>
>>8533295

Judging by how Islamophobic, racist, and misogynistic Donald Dump supporters and Retardicans are, does this mean Retardicans are geniuses?
>>
>>8533311
im going to pretend that's rhetorical since i can argue that shitting is a physical process that diversifies how many ways i can form a sibling for you.
>>
>>8533311
many of the wealthy ones at the top are quite intelligent, yeah
got to be if you want to brainwash over 62 million voters to vote against their own best interests
>>
>>8533204
This can also be reworded as a system's ability to maximize future entropy. They made a program with this feature and it would perform "intelligent" behavior and problem solving.
>>
>>8533327
>le republicans are voting against their own interest maymay
you dont get paid if you shill on boards other than >>>/pol/, ctr should have told you that in your training.
>>
>>8533204
a) you need some metric for measuring the diversity of futures to make this meaningful

b) I don't think living things actually do this. they just do the generic thing and try to maximize expected value/minimize risk. minimizing risk usually correlates with diversity of achievable outcomes but they're not inherently connected
>>
File: 2ab.gif (2MB, 450x348px) Image search: [Google]
2ab.gif
2MB, 450x348px
>>8533204
>a physical process
>>
>>8533204
I think it's pretty fucking retarded desu.
>>
>>8533327
I'm pretty sure they voted IN their interest...
>>
>>8533520
Nah he must be trolling or is an unironically Hillary supporter. CTR ceased to exist in the beginning of this month.
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>8533204
>intelligence is a physical process that acts to maximize the diversity of a system's accessible futures

Same could be said for a very social person, I think this argument is debunked.
A better argument is:

>intelligence is a mental process which in higher quantity helps to visualize and materialize a system's future
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.