[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Physicists out here chasing wind and Biology gets all the hate.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Physicists out here chasing wind and Biology gets all the hate. Why isn't everyone biologically engineering themselves to live forever?
>>
>>8533203
That is my goal, I'm majoring in chem and specializing in something else later. I'm pretty sure I'm barely smart enough to finish a PhD, but the problem is whether I'll actually do anything that matters in the long run. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Anybody have the same endgoals as me? Want to talk about it? What are you doing OP?
>>
File: singapore1.jpg (239KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
singapore1.jpg
239KB, 1200x800px
>>8533223
Im not going to school my whole life lol. The rest is proprietary.
>>
>>8533203
>Studies biology
>Thinks human immortality is a good idea
>>
>>8533225
dude just go to school lmao
>>
>>8533226
It's not a question of whether I think human immortality is good, its a question of whether I think *me* immortality is good, which I do, because I will never get to be anyone else but myself.
>>
>>8533226
Im getting my undergraduate but Im not feeling the PHD
>>
File: 63447747.jpg (38KB, 623x871px) Image search: [Google]
63447747.jpg
38KB, 623x871px
Because one of the few things bringing any comfort in this world is knowing that we all are going to die eventually.
>>
File: biochemistry.jpg (2MB, 2466x3184px) Image search: [Google]
biochemistry.jpg
2MB, 2466x3184px
>>8533203
Biology is the GOD tier in term of difficulty : there are no easy equations to help you, no easy modelisations to help you.
>>
>>8533203
I'm doing a different study, but to answer your question.

Because we currently don't have the technology (getting there), and don't have a full understanding of the human body (we are getting there).

To be honest I support >>8533223, >>8533230, >>8533261

and think people with that ambition to be good people who shouldn't give up on such a dream until the day they die, because who knows they might succeed and keep people around for hundred-thousand-unknown amount of years with their loved ones instead dead in the ground doing nothing, in oblivion.
>>
Biology is the most pathetic science to study. Yeah I understand someone has to do it, but I'm talking about you and your choices. You can learn any ad-hoc biology info you need to know\ via wikipedia. You don't need a sequential build-up of courses to understand something like you would in physics and math. It's perfect for brainlets.
>>
>>8533609
You are an idiot. When working with biological systems you need to have a core understanding of the processes at hand. Im not talking about "lmao DNA makes RNA xD" baby talk, im talking about very specific metabolic processes which are interacting with a whole other range of substrates. Even if you know how a certain chemical is formed, the way it fits into the workings of a cell requires a lot of logical insight and previously obtainedd knowledge that can only be obtained by years of stydying.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.