[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know you all think you're smart as shit even if you waste

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: believe.jpg (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
3KB, 225x225px
I know you all think you're smart as shit even if you waste it doing normal jobs that don't involve research so i'm wondering...

were your parents smart? what do they do for a job? do you think you inherited it from them?
>>
mom worked in a textile factory for about 32 years, no pay raise other than legal minimum wage. recently got citizenship but retired (64 years old). Dad was a depressed construction worker, than lived of his social security benefits before passing away due to ill health. Neither seemed above average in intelligence, maybe my dad. I usually score in the 120's in IQ test. Suck at math and study ecology. I'm not that smart compared to other people in the sciences, but i do think I'm smarter than them, maybe got it from my grandfather since he seems to have been successful in agriculture in Mexico, and I have cousins from that side that teach trig at the college level in Mexico. No one else in my family really has done anything big, neither parent finished elementary school.
>>
>>8530921
fuck. my grammar and spelling are shit. maybe I am as smart as them
>>
>>8530135
Dad is smart, mom is shrewd. Not at all the other way around.
>>
Dad is a Chemical engineer at UOP with a chem and chem eng degree.

Mom is a reliability test engineer at Molex with a bs in materials engineering and an ms in metallurgy. She was working on her phd with something about ceramics but she got a hella good offer from a small company called little fuse and she took it.

Now I'm going into computer engineering. Designed my first processor at 12. Back in high school I had a hobby of developing my own physics equations and shit. I discovered a lot of single variable calculus on my own, which isn't much, but considering I was like 14 at the time it's still pretty cool.

To answer your question, Both my parents are pretty smart people but I pretty sure I'm a little smarter than them both. I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or trying to prove how smart I am or some shit, I'm just trying to give realavant info.
>>
>>8530947
>I discovered a lot of single variable calculus equations on my own

sure, you did.
>>
dad was an accountant. very complex guy. he seems a bit all over the place, but when he's actually focused on something he's pretty smart. he used to do really well in school but was lacking a certain something. his dad was a chief civil engineer.

mom used to get good grades. she finished her Masters at CUNY in international relations (and her father was one of those guys who started off about as poor as dirt, born in a village in bangladesh but eventually ended up getting a Ph D from LSE and living comfortably in Manhattan for a good part of his life). but she never really did anything with it; she worked middling jobs, eventually settling into a comfortable office job with the government. she's always been depressed, i think.

and myself? i'm a fucking retard who can not be retarded (which means smart, in my eyes).

i have bad attention issues, much like my father. but i've got a similar poise towards the world as my granddad, which has to be worth something.
>>
>>8530135
I come from a family of self-hating Jews that lived in Moldova for a while. They were achieving a lot but still disliked themselves. They served in top government positions in their respective cities. My brother went to Columbia University for applied mathematics, my uncle was a nuclear physicist in Russia and my aunt is an engineer. I study philosophy pffthahaha, but hey, I like it because its pure to me and the questions it asks are more interesting to me. I also think I inherited a mental illness from my family, but that's merely a guess. My brother always seemed to have an esemplastic mind that he used to connect various things but he doesn't like talking too much. Every time he does though he is able to connect various aspects into a significant and interesting whole. I get annoyed when people interrupt him. He's pretty eccentric and thinks New York harbors lots of concentrated NWO power that makes New Yorkers pissed off most of the time because they feel that atmospheric pressure of power. Jews are fucking weird though, and I can tell you that from personal experience.
>>
>>8530135
French guy.
Dad is a mathematics teacher in high-school, with the qualifications to teach in Uni if he wanted to.
Mom was a pharmaceutical engineer, then worked on her own as a consultant, then - with difficulties - became a math teacher as well.

Both were pretty rigorous on discipline and "life hygiene".

I can't really judge if I'm smarter or dumber than them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.