[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>ywn solve the millennium prize problems and attain worldwide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1479834870523.jpg (35KB, 484x497px) Image search: [Google]
1479834870523.jpg
35KB, 484x497px
>ywn solve the millennium prize problems and attain worldwide fame and money
>>
> implying you would achieve worldwide fame by solving an obscure mathematical problem that normies have never heard of
>>
>>8529444
P=NP would net some fame since it's such a meme
>>
>>8529441
just imagine all the pussy perelman is swimming in

livin the dream
>>
>>8529960
Explainify netting famousity, pleasing questernorate?
>>
>you will never understand what the Hodge conjecture even means
I get all the other ones, at least enough to understand what the question is and why people care

algebraic geometry is some arcane shit
>>
>>8529998
Read the book "Algebraic Geometry over the Complex Numbers" by Donu Arapura. It is nice, relatively short, book with only general topology, basic complex analysis, and basic commutative algebra (commutative ring theory) as prerequisites.

By the end of the book you will understand the Hodge conjecture.
>>
>>8529960
N=1
Monees pls
>>
>>8529444
>wanting to be famous to normies
>>
>>8529444
Get a load of this normie. Thinking what his kind think matters at all.
>>
>>8529441
soon...

hint: refraction and g lensing
>>
>>8529444
>not forcing it into meme culture to become famous
wew is this like your first day or something?
>>
>you will never solve the millennium puzzle and become a dark egyptian god with a card game named after you
>>
>>8529444
>>
>>8529444
>>
>>8529441
Easier to start up a SpaceX tier company.
>>
>>8529444
trips confirm

>>8529960
>>8530238
>>8530251
>>8530475
>giving a shit about what the ten academics in your field who actually care about their work think
>implying your supervisors even care about your work
>living for your biannual conferences where you'll finally get to pretend that you're someone who matters to a bunch of ugly, disenfranchised autists who also don't care about your work
>implying your work will get you laid
>living for anything other than pussy and your faith
>>
>>8531020
to reiterate, P=NP would get someone fame because it's a lot more well-known outside of academia and /sci/ and those autistic conferences than any of the other millennium problems.

There's all sorts of random normies who've never even taken precalc asking about it on the internet so that seems to be a good indicator that it would reach the mainstream spotlight.

As far as the other millennium problems go, yeah no one even would know. No one knew when perelman solved the poincaré conjecture so we already know as a fact nobody cares about the other ones.

That being said I won't be attempting to solve it or any of the other ones, I'll leave that to the actual mathematicians who care about autistic conferences.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.