[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>professor writes up an equation >end of class >"Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1467490451435.jpg (43KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
1467490451435.jpg
43KB, 620x348px
>professor writes up an equation
>end of class
>"Is this clear for everyone?"
>one guy lifts hand at the back seat
>"It's all clear I think and it looks really neat, I just don't get that big S sign at the beginning"
>professor's face when
>>
File: MARIIIIIIIIIIIIIA.png (148KB, 339x375px) Image search: [Google]
MARIIIIIIIIIIIIIA.png
148KB, 339x375px
>end of class
>"yes professor"
>exam average is 60
>>
>>8528104
Holy shit you are stupid
>>
>>8528087
>end of class
>one guy lifts his hand at the back seat
>"It's all clear I think and it looks really neat, I just don't get that big S sign at the beginning"
>"Itchen to pee!"
>"lol wut?"
>"*cough* It's Entropy!"
>>
>>8528087
>end of class
>"Does everyone understand this?"
>silence
>"Who here doesn't understand this?"
>silence
>"Who does understand this?"
>silence
>>
File: devilish.jpg (201KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
201KB, 470x595px
>>8528087
>professor writes question on board
>does anyone know the answer to this
>i know
>i dont say anything
>class is silent
>professor confirms my answer after an awkward 10s pause
>>
>>8528087
Why is it called ''calculus based'' when the only calculus we learn is that one stupid trick, basic integration, and with barely any explanation?
>>
File: 1477855900532.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477855900532.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
>>8528087
>graduate PDE class
>professor writes a theorem
>girl asks "Excuse me, but what do you mean by a compact set?"
>>
File: 1466363662852.png (1MB, 934x886px) Image search: [Google]
1466363662852.png
1MB, 934x886px
>professor writes problem up on board
>can anyone tell me how to solve this?
>tell her the answer
>How did you solve that?
>explain the procedure to her
>she interjects with an error
>correct her interjection
>she replies snidely why don't you just teach the class if you think you know everything?
>>
If professors prefaced that question with a reminder that the content is examinable, they'd get more responses.
>>
>>8528850
I refuse to believe this is possible.
>>
>>8528161
>>8528168

Oh man, I know this feel. I taught a practical class of about 25 people and for the first couple of weeks of the semester they would do this.

The only thing worse than the silence is the glassy stare from an entire room full of people. And you scan the room and you say "would anyone like to try answering this" and not one single person would show any sign of life. Like being trapped in a warehouse full of mannequins.

Thankfully my class warmed up to me after a couple of weeks. It was really weird teaching for the first time and just being in limbo, not knowing if anything was getting through to them at all.
>>
>>8528859
>immediately placed in PhD program
>graduate a week later with revolutionary thesis
>take professor's job

>...but wait i dont have an IQ > 140, nevermind i'm just dreaming
>>
>>8528087
Professors are just students that failed their classes 30 _years ago and are now trying to make up for their mental karma and guilt..... everyone is a professor to some but student to any and counselor to all.....
>>
>>8529190
Professors shouldn't pause during lectures to gauge the class's understanding. It breaks the flow of instruction for those of us who aren't brainlets and can actually keep up.
>>
>>8528102
we all know this feeling all too well.
fucking kek
>>
File: image_5.jpg (111KB, 416x620px) Image search: [Google]
image_5.jpg
111KB, 416x620px
>>8529221
>what is tenure and the obligation to teach
>>
>>8529232
Kek. If I were a professor, I would have a copy of that book in plain view on my desk during office hours.
>>
>American professor writes up an equation
>end of class
>"Does everyone understand this?"
>gets shot
>>
>>8529232
An overly self-important way of saying "Something I need to do to earn money"?
>>
>>8529248
That's part of the equation, Schödringer's freedom function
>>
>>8528850
>>8529168
Ah Grad level Engineer classes, the short bus of STEM
>>
>>8528087
>professor writes due dates
>some student raises their hand
>"Is there an alternative date?"
every damn fucking time
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.