[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to become programming literate enough to A) land a comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 345234231.jpg (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
345234231.jpg
2MB, 1280x1024px
I want to become programming literate enough to A) land a comfy job hacking at Blockchain/Machine learning meme tech and B) eventually hack together my own projects in the future as a hobby. What is the best way to go about achieving these goals? Would the education path (Community College then 4 year school) be the best way, or self learning and getting some sort of credential?

I don't care enough to learn everything there is to learn about computers... just enough to hack shit together and know when I need other people to pick up my slack.
>>
>>8527522
>comfy job hacking at Blockchain/Machine learning meme tech
lol
>>
>>8527541
I was just coming in to chuckle at this too, gr8 laffs OP
>>
>>8527522
If you think albegra/statistics is easy then go learn by yourself
>>
>>8527522

Machine learning and blockchain technologies aren't that closely related. I mean, I'm personally interested in both (my two largest academic interests are AI and cryptography), and many other people share these interests, but make sure not to conflate the two.

For the record, I have a four-year BS and am working on a MS. It's much more inefficient to try to self-study all of the necessary topics without guidance.
>>
>>8527522
https://medium.com/@javier_noris/an-outline-to-learning-to-code-in-1-year-572a1a78fa62#.xtmdv95wu
http://csfieldguide.org.nz/

take the basics at juco
learn an half course of algorithms and advanced data structure
to be a web monkey type coder you do not need all the theory type course
the rest you can learn as you need it
mit ocw has these courses
>>
>>8527522
Machine learning is the only theoretical area left in cs and everyone and their mother wants to do it so if you're serious you better have at least a masters in cs or statistics if you expect to get hired, but preferably a Ph.D. (What most of your competition will have)
>>
File: Sci's CS reading list.jpg (3MB, 2500x3500px) Image search: [Google]
Sci's CS reading list.jpg
3MB, 2500x3500px
>>8527522
Self learning and having a webpage showing off your projects (including problems you had, how you troubleshooted them, and how you solved them) is the best way.
>>
>>8527522
You should totally post about it on /sci/ instead of /g/.
You're gonna learn real good.
>>
>>8528031
that list seems to be missing how to win friends and influence people
>>
>>8528043
money compensates for that
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.