[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, fellows. I'm in a deep one. I need to find the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: lagrangian3.png (18KB, 436x287px) Image search: [Google]
lagrangian3.png
18KB, 436x287px
Alright, fellows. I'm in a deep one. I need to find the turning points (points where [math] \dot{r} = 0 [/math] ) of pic related.

The result should be given by the equation in pic, but the one I'm getting has minus at the second term in the second parenthesis.

Can anybody tell me where am I wrong?
>>
>>8527447
Also, to use the initial conditions (r0, v0) to express the constants arising from the integrals of motion.

Appreciate your help
>>
>>8527447
>has minus
I meant to say that it has plus in the second term of the second parenthesis.
>>
>>8527447
bampo
>>
>Doesn't post the complete problem.
>Doesn't post the whole solution attempt.
>Can anybody tell me where am I wrong?

Do you think people on /sci/ are clairvoyant?
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 384x384px
>>8527447
>tfw this problem was in my classical mechanics test

Show us your work OP, I don't feel like doing everything from the start
>>
>>8527447
Well, just speaking for myself, I don't know what r is or what is happening in the picture.
>>
>>8527530
>>8527539

If you can't figure out what's going on just from the pic then I don't need your help.

>>8527538
I don't feel like TeXing all that shit. Basically, I've got the correct Lagrangian in polar coordinates, I'll use the initial conditions to find express the integrals of motion.

Energy of the system came out as

[math] E = \frac{1}{2}mv_{0}^{2}r_{0}\dot{\varphi} [/math]

When used, this energy gives the correct result for the equation of the turning points, but I'm getting the plus sign in the second term.

Whic
>>
>>8527555
Slash that quadratic initial speed. Should be just [math] v_{0} [/math]
>>
>>8527555
Lol
> if you don't remember what every first year physics problem is about from picture alone you can't possibly help
Hope you find someone who meets your standards.
>>
>>8527622
>first year problem
Get lost
>>
>>8527622
PS. Pretty sure the only ones to meet those standards by the way are probably people who are also currently doing the problem, or maybe did it last assignment.
>>
>>8527628
I said get lost, brainlet
>>
>>8527447
v_0 is an initial condition, not a variable.

[math]l = m/2(r'^2) + M/2(r'^2) + Mg(r_0 - r)[/math]
>>
>>8527641
I figured you'd be happy for some bumps so you could find your unicorn.
>>
>>8527738
Don't need one. Alredy finished it. It's pretty pathetic that most of /sci/ is incapable of even discussing the problem.
>>
>>8527746
That's because you basically said, I have this letter "a" and it's supposed to be part of a word, anyone know which one?
>>
>>8527797
You're a brainlet and you don't know shit about classical mechanics if I even have to tell you what those letters in the picture mean.
>>
>>8527802
FUCKING LOL. I can't believe you are this stupid and are calling other people brainlets. It was an analogy, I wasn't saying that you didn't say what the letters meant, I was saying that you didn't give any of the information to solve the problem. Holy fuck, I can't believe you just said that.
>>
>>8528007
triggered as fuck lol

get back to klass, kiddo
>>
>>8528078
No, it was hilarious, it was a revelation to how stupid you actually were. I guess the brainlet thing is just a defense mechanism. It also explains why you would post a problem with barely any information.
>>
>>8528149
>>8528078
Both of u are brainlets, I'm the real /sci/entist here. Ask me anything.
>>
>>8527447
I'm missing something here. What is the difference between r and r0? r0 is the origin of r as in (r=0m)?
>>
>>8527447
Also, are you sure Mgr^2 isn't Mgr^1?
>>
>>8528206
Yes, it looks like you distributed the r-r0 factor but then kept it as a separate factor as well.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.