[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything like the /sci/ mathematics book list for medicine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Is there anything like the /sci/ mathematics book list for medicine? I'm aware of what's already on the /sci/ guide, but I'm seeking something more like a "med school bibliography"
>>
>>8526114
>Need books on X subject
>Go to piratebay
>Type X
>Click on a bunch of links with seeders
>Sort out which one works best for your purposes

wa-la
>>
>>8526114
Yes, but it would be useless. You can't practice medicine without a license and you can't get a license without a degree. Memorizing symptoms of illnesses (which is what med school is) will be useless
>>
>>8526114
If you just want to study the field for no reason other than to know medical shit, then I'd guess the book Henry Gray's Anatomy of the Human Body
>>
>>8526114
4th year med-student here, I can make some recommendations. What is your background in regards to biology, chemistry, physics, math?
>>
>>8527128
>implying doctors need to know any of that shit
kek
>>
>>8527137
Unfortunately you will need background in biology to read any histology, physiology or even neuroscience book, and you can't start studying medicine without getting background in those subjects down first. Same for some physics, you only need very basic electricity and hydrodynamics to understand neuroscience and physiology books, but you are going to need them, and if you want to understand some pharmacology (protip: you do), you are going to have to get some thermodynamics and kinetics down. It's not that doctors need to know these things, but it's that they are needed if you want to properly study the medicine and understand it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.