[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Category: Unimaginably Large and Small numbers that surpass googolplex

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: largest numbers of the world.png (13KB, 659x380px) Image search: [Google]
largest numbers of the world.png
13KB, 659x380px
Category: Unimaginably Large and Small numbers that surpass googolplex or negative googolplex.
>largest named number not notation
>>
Graham's Number
>>
>>8521227
Grahams number + 1
>>
>>8521210
Googolplexianthian
Googolplexianthianth
Googolplexianthianthian
Googolplexianthianthianth
>>
>>8521210
do you know that these are not numbers, but notations too?
>>
gabagool
>>
>>8521267
I know its just a picture
>>
BB(BB(Graham's number))
>>
>>8522228
ackerman(BB(BB(Graham's number)),BB(BB(Graham's number)))
>>
>>8521267
are u pretending to be obtuse
>>
>>8522364
I might, but I think you're acute. Maybe you want to talk about triple integrals sometime.
>>
Aleph nole
>>
TREE
>>
>>8521210
The first Reinhardt cardinal
>>
>>8521210
From those numbers the only one that exists is the Googol. The Googolplex is obviously beyond 10^200 so please stop masturbating your autism with numbers that can't exist.

The Googol is a nice number though. Really big but low complexity, that's my kind of number right there.
>>
>>8522423
wildberger pls go
>>
>>8522453
You go lol. Show me the Googolplex outside of Expr.

You cant! Because it is not a number, merely an expression.
>>
>>8522477
These ultrafinitists have been the laughingstock of mathematics for YEARS now and yet they're still trying to sound smug. I for one am glad Wilderberger is keeping all of the brainlets out of math. Absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>8522516
Out of math? Lol are you dumb? I'm currently an undergrad in pure mathematics but I let Wildberger give me direction. I'm not the only one in this journey too.

When I finish this journey my dissertation will be about how everyone else is retarded except for me. I will create a theory of rational limits and then a complete theory of rational analysis.

You just wait. Wildberger was able to disprove the goldbach conjecture using big number theory in just like 3 slides. SLIDES. Not even a formal paper was needed to disprove it, Big Number Theory is that fucking powerful.

After I have my theory of rational analysis I don't know what I will disprove first. Maybe the Riemann Hypothesis.

Big Number Theory + Rational Analysis will be able to literally disprove everything. I will be publishing a new paper each day lol.
>>
>>8521210

99999999999999999999999999999999999999999*999999999999999999999999

must be the biggest number ever and i myself made it lol xDD
>>
>>8522529
That is an expression, not a number.

Prove that it evaluates to a number if you want to call it a number, fag.

For example, I know that 2+2 is a number because 2+2 = [II] + [II] = [IIII] = 4

2+2 is mapped to 4.

But what is your bullshit mapped to? Probably nothing. That expression is probably not even a number.
>>
(googolplexianth!)^(graham's number!)
>>
>>8522525
Thank you for proving my point :)
>>
Infinity - 1
>>
>>8522533
The thing that makes ultrafinitists retarded is the same thing that makes SJWs retarded. You both try to redefine words to mean what you want them to mean.

The SJWs like to redefine racism so that it only affects minorities and only whites can be racist. The thing is, we already had a great definition before they came and fucked it up.

Then, they get into arguments about how people are using the term racism wrong. They don't spend their time arguing about real shit. They just enjoy the definition-jerking, which doesn't take real thought.

You're no better. You're trying to redefine what a 'number' is to other people to fit your model. And then you attack people when they don't use the word in the same way as you.

But him using the term differently doesn't affect you. He's using it the way it is supposed to be used. If you want a different term, don't redefine 'number', just make up your own goddamn term. Then you can stop arguing about retarded shit like definitions, and actually making a case for your model.

Can't wait to read your papers on viXrA, btw.
>>
>>8522593
The history of mathematics is the history of redefining numbers.

When Cantor's genius saw the sun's light he was also attacked. No one believed his tighter and rigorous definition of number would serve any purpose.

Now we use his set theory and his definition of number.

Then Wildberger came with an ever tighter and more rigorous definition of number and as happens, those too dumb to understand him attack him but history always takes the same course. In a couple of decades we will have mset theory as the standard foundation and big number theory as the new number theory.

I bet people like you still wish geometry was the foundation for math lol. Too dumb to understand a little abstraction now? lol.
>>
>>8522618
>>8522593
I have no idea about math and now I am wondering which one of you is right
>>
File: image.png (139KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
139KB, 640x1136px
>>8522631
You tell me who is wrong.
>>
>>8522642
I mean to me the whole concept of infinity does sound weird.. it really seems so uncomplete and philosophical compared to other math. But well I am no mathematician so what do I know
>>
>>8522642
>people initially disagreed a right idea so anyone disagreeing with me now is wrong

no. ultrafinitists are ridiculous. you can't do much of modern math without choice, much less without infinity
>>
>>8522661
it's not "incomplete" in any way. the axiom of infinity is accepted by everyone
>>
>>8522618
>Too dumb to understand a little abstraction now?

Abstraction is the opposite of what's happening. He's advocating that there are *fewer* numbers and basing his ideas on natural phenomena.

Or are you redefining the word 'abstract' as well?
>>
I will now provide this thread with the biggest number.
Let x be the largest number in all posts (excluding this one).
Then y = x + 1 is the biggest number in this thread.
>>
All numbers outside Z are trivially dark numbers, so I don't see the point of this thread.
>>
>>8521210
10000000000^100000000^googolplexianth^101866666666666666666666666682828282828282
>>
>>8522829
Z= Y*X^100 *googol
>>
>>8521210

\omega_1^\mathrm{CK}
>>
File: parentheses.jpg (25KB, 659x380px) Image search: [Google]
parentheses.jpg
25KB, 659x380px
>>8521210

fixed
>>
>>8522642
Yeah, but at least the man had proofs. Ultrafinitists' only argument is

>muh feels
>>
i = graham_number();
while(time < max_age_of_universe) {
i = i^i;
}

print i; // ignore that the universe has ceased existing at this pint
>>
forgot to add_ /thread
>>
>>8521231
>>>8521227
(Grahams number!) ^ (Graham's number!)
>>
I once had as a homework to calculate the number of microstates of a solar mass black hole. That was a pretty large number.
>>
>>8521210
aleph_aleph_aleph_aleph_aleph_....
>>
(Grahams number!) ^ (Graham's number!) + 1
>>
>>8525154
>implying aleph is a number
undergrads everyone
>>
>>8521210
largest number = my BBC
>>
Not the biggest, but I really like Belphegor's prime.

>>
>>8522401
It's null bitch.
>>
>>8525717
> cardinal numbers aren't number
:^)
>>
>>8522420
GET DOWN
>>
What number is smaller?

-googol or 1/googol?
>>
>>8525749
that's right
>>
>>8525765
Well in terms of magnitude the second one
>>
>>8521210
>[math]10^{100} = 10^{10^{10}}[/math]
What is wrong with you??
>>
>>8525765
>what number is smaller, a fukiin huge negative number, or about zero?
>>
>>8521231
Graham's number + 1 is not a useful number, graham's number is the largest number that appears in a mathematical proof. (or theorem or whatever i don't know.)
>>
>>8526852
Why does it have to be useful
>>
>>8526852
Here's a mathematical proof that involves Graham's number + 1,

Prove that Graham's number < Graham's number+1:

0<1
Graham's number + 0 < Graham's number + 1
Graham's number < Graham's number + 1

There you go, a proof involving a number greater than Graham's number, is it useful yet?
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 222x227px
http://googology.wikia.com/wiki/Googology_Wiki
Forcal, Meameamealokkapoowa oompa
>>
>>8526955
> Meameamealokkapoowa oompa

I know about this, incredible number!
>>
>>8526260
elaborate!
>>
grahams number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>8521302
Then you should remain silent
>>
>>8523549
Hey
you can't
just
do that
>>
File: math_and_science_board.png (37KB, 1333x767px) Image search: [Google]
math_and_science_board.png
37KB, 1333x767px
>>8521210
>>8527853
>>
>>8526955
>these numbers names
This is goshomity levels of cringe.
>>
>>8522477
show me the Expr outside of wildburger's videos. Also show me that a number (of element of Expr, if you wish) is not an actual number if we can't easily give it's decimal representation
>>8522516
for like 150 years
>>
>>8526901
>>8526852
YFW math is actually just people making shit up
>>
>ITT I am euphoric
>>
>>8527911
It's (10^10)^10=10^100
>>
File: stacked_exponent_rules.png (48KB, 1352x647px) Image search: [Google]
stacked_exponent_rules.png
48KB, 1352x647px
>>8528202
then it should have been notated like that in the OP
>>
ur mums circumference
>>
>>8527911
You think I wrote the meme? It's a random image I used to illustrate large numbers, stupid cocksucker! Fuck you and your family!
>>
3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.