[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get a vivid interest in the disciplines you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How did your parents spark the flame when you were young?

What made you like maths, sciences, or even literature, maybe history?
>>
I had to take a maths course in my first year. It was the hardest thing I ever sat through, and I scraped through with a C+.

Next year I changed my major to get more of it.
>>
I hate what I'm currently studying
>>
>>8519038
I used to build guitar pedals, oscillators, and all kinds of other noise makers. So it made sense to do something electrical, did Comp E, though, because memes.
>>
>>8519038
I once watched this sort of seminar, in which a neurobiologist talked about mental illness, specifically depression. I've always struggled with depression, and hearing someone talking about it with such a concrete attitude, explaining all the physical reasons behind something that I've always felt like some incurable curse that followed me everywhere I went, truly made me feel better, and since then I've started delving into biology.
So here I am, in my first year of biology, after having spent two very miserable years in computer science. I hope I won't fuck up
>>
>>8519038
You have to become actively involved in the formal application, or research, in your discipline.

If you can't motivate yourself merely on account of the knowledge, you must motivate yourself as a function of overcoming your limits and the problems you face in the execution of your work.
>>
My parents told me i will grow up to be retards like them, and that i will never surpass them. I just browse this forum along with the rest of the chan because it feels nice.
>>
I started to like it after the 3rd dick.
>>
>>8519098
>You have to become actively involved in the formal application, or research, in your discipline.

What if you find yourself incapable of having an original thought? What if you turn blank at the most trivial problem?

>>8519098
>If you can't motivate yourself merely on account of the knowledge, you must motivate yourself as a function of overcoming your limits and the problems you face in the execution of your work.

What if you have so many limits you find fighting them debilitating instead of motivating?

I used to love maths, but I'm getting more and more tired over time, and I don't see change. I don't see progress. And I'm starting to feel it's all for nothing, and that I'm wasting everybody's time. I'm starting to think I should just stop.

You seem to have sorted it out, so what do you think I should do?
>>
>>8519038
>How did your parents spark the flame when you were young?
I guess it all started from playing with Bionicles but whenI was like 6-8yrs old, I got interested in popsci stuff I saw on TV e.g. baking soda+vinegar volcanoes, soap boats, light refraction etc.

From there on, I just got more interested one topic at a time, directed towards a more biology side.
>>
>>8519038
I've always liked science ever since I could remember, particularly physics. The most significant influence was probably this big book about physics and chemistry that I received for my 8th birthday.

It's sort of inexplicable honestly, it just feels good when I'm reading about chemistry, physics or math (to a lesser extent)
>>
>>8519161
What book was that?
>>
I'm not proficient in anything but I watched a lot of House md and I'm living to regret it.
>>
>>8519145

judging from your experience, it sounds like you got a case of the brainlet-itis. You can only hope to power through and persevere, because you certainly don't have the innate skill required to achieve the goals.

If you wanna give up now, maybe it's for the best.
>>
I was playing with my cat, and trying to probe the limits of its intelligence. This was when I realized I wanted to understand the brain, and intelligence in general.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.