[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /sci/ can you help me i want to know more about different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: wskull.jpg (27KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
wskull.jpg
27KB, 450x470px
hello /sci/
can you help me
i want to know more about different races and the shapes of their skulls. i find this topic fascinating.
I know its all taboo and the nazis were all measuring peoples heads and shit and everyone got offended by it.
I have lost a lot of friends bringing it up casually and nobody wants to discuss it.
I tried looking online but i don't trust much stuff because it all seems to be written by nazis
i went to the library to find a book but the librarian asked me to leave after i explained what i was looking for.
I'm starting to doubt now about the skulls because everone is telling me i'm racist but nobody seems to argue that black people are afraid of swimming because their bones are more dense.
I don't understand how it's racist to say the skull is a different shape but not racist to say the bones are different densities.

tl:dr; is there a book i can buy that is written by a credible and respected doctor of actual medicine or something about all different bones and skull shapes and things like that e.g. if you found a skeleton how do they know the guy was black or chinese etc.

thanks for your time.
>>
There are different skull shapes but due to heavy mixing between races both past and present, trying to make a blanket statement about a race really isn't possible. Two families of different races with similar height can be more related genetically than two families of differing heights in the same race.

You can look into it, but its a honestly dead end filled with stormweenies who swear they're onto something. You're not going to find anything new or applicable to the global population at large.
>>
>>8517999
when they find a dead guy on csi how do they know its a black guy then
and look without trying to sound racist or anything black people do have different shaped skulls have you ever looked at a black person sideways on? i'm not trying to be derogatory i'm just saying thats my experience they look totally different shape
>>
Try to find physical anthropology books. Or forensics books.
>>
>>8518007
Skull shape would be one of many factors considered in the statistical analysis for a damaged body at a crime scene investigation. That combined with skin traces, hair traces, muscle composition, and good old fashioned dna testing gets the job done. If a body was burned, you can even examine how it was burned because black and white skin can react a little differently to substances and heat.

Leaving it at skull shapes alone would probably point you in a direction, but it wouldn't suffice for making a claim with 100% certainty for a victims race. But then again, race is in the eye of the beholder since a lot of people are varying degrees of mutts.
>>
>>8518007
It's TV show. It doesn't work that way in real life.
>>
>>8517999
>There are different skull shapes but due to heavy mixing between races both past and present

>Two families of different races with similar height can be more related genetically than two families of differing heights in the same race.

These are some really stupid comments. First point would be wrong since there was never massive racial mixing among different races that it would eliminate the average racial skull types. And second point is just stupid. How stupid? Replace "race" with "sex" and you'll see how dumb it is. Dumb lefty.

Look for forensic and physical anthropology books.
>>
>>8518626
Except you can't have two families of different sexes, silly righty.
Furthermore I never stated average skull shape would be eliminated. The fact is that heavy mixing creates variance within what we consider to be races. Going by skull shape alone will not be enough to classify a person by race when you have African Americans who have pretty heavy white mixing in their genes and can often have skull shapes which are deemed to be "white". Not to mention, among native Africans there was genetic mixing from European haplogroups who migrated back into Africa from Europe.
If you gonna come for the king, you'd best aim correct.
>>
>>8517989
Kill yourself nazi scum
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.