[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is caffeine(in the form of coffee, tea, etc) treated so differently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: 800px-methamphetamine-svg.png (9KB, 800x433px) Image search: [Google]
800px-methamphetamine-svg.png
9KB, 800x433px
Why is caffeine(in the form of coffee, tea, etc) treated so differently to other stimulants/ CNS Stims?

Why is caffeine such a meme?
>>
>>8517435
>Why is caffeine such a meme?
the shitposting never ends
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg (70KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg
70KB, 1000x1000px
Caffeine is a piece of shit of a chemical.
If there's something wrong with you and starting drinking coffee made a difference then OK.
For anyone else, caffeine reduces cerebral blood flow significantly and hampers deep thinking.
I took up to 600 mg per day for experimentation and nothing interesting came out of it.
Fuck caffeine.
>>
>>8517435
It's a guberment conspiracy. They're trying to control the population with caffeine, and the best way to do that is to make caffeine a socially acceptable drug to digest on the regular.
>>
>>8517435
Because unlike all the other stimulants caffeine won't fucking kill you with normal doses and it won't get you high
>>
Apparently low consumption of caffeine stumps neurogenesis and high consumption increases it.

Low consumption being a cup a day
>>
>>8519289
Strange, I thought coffee reduces inflammation.
>>
>>8519251
>hampers
did you mean improves?

WTF is "deep thinking"? You sucking for hours with some math puzzle then blaming caffeine?
>>
>>8519360
>did you mean improves?
No. It doesn't.
>WTF is "deep thinking"? You sucking for hours with some math puzzle then blaming caffeine?
I'm not even trying to explain it.
Kys.
>>
File: Brain-Stimpack.jpg (70KB, 852x301px) Image search: [Google]
Brain-Stimpack.jpg
70KB, 852x301px
>caffeine alone is shit

But caffeine + theanine has a nootropic effect that works better than piracetam. All tea has caffeine and theanine but the ratios vary from one tea to the next. Some tea are bred and cultivated with special techniques to increase their theanine content. I could go on....
>>
>>8519410
>I could go on....
>Combining L-theanine with caffeine, at levels and ratios equivalent to one to two cups of tea, eliminated the vasoconstrictive effect and behavioural effects of caffeine. This supports previous findings of an interaction between these substances, despite a lack of effects of L-theanine in isolation. However, at the levels tested here, this did not lead to a positive impact on behaviour.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25761837
Caffeine is for the brainlet and the mentally impaired.
>>
>>8519410
Go on..
>>
>>8519256
Caffeine still has a very low LD50. Lower than Amphetamine in some cases.(150-200mg/kg vs 15-180mg/kg)
>>
It makes you wake.

And it`s probaly what you are snorting when you buy Amphetamines from the street
>>
>>8517435
>tfw your caffeine emits a photon
>>
>>8519374
Impartial anon here who would actually be very interested to hear what deep thinking is.
>>
>>8519410

kek

The humanities are not a waste of time. For example you don't need all this gay ass chemicals if you can't drink black coffee like a real man. People figured since forever that sugar or milk can be used to cut the bitterness of coffee allowing weak people to drink it too. Go read a history book.

Why waste money on chemicals when sugar exists? Why in the first place you want stupid nootropics? Just play Deus Ex for a bit or watch Blade Runner.
>>
>>8519524
The opposite of doing things in a hurry, you are very serene, no anxiety or irritation.
If you encounter something you are not sure about, instead of proceeding, you sort out everything starting from most basic definitions.
Rewrite things in a nicer form and find counterexamples.
Eventually you know that you can solve any problem; it becomes a matter of mental stamina since the approach is tiring.
>>
>>8519558
This is one of the most retarded posts I've read in a long time.
Go back to whatever board you come from, disgusting brainlet.
>>
>>8519565
Not joking now, you can do all of this without any nootropics. I don't know anything about this topic but they better have something more in mind. You get the same effects by learning how to meditate and meditation costs 0 dollars.
>>
>>8519609
>Not joking now, you can do all of this without any nootropics.
But I don't do nootropics.
I'm
>>8519251
>>8519374
>>8519565
>>
I drink 3 cups a day.
I notice severe cravings and when I don't get my daily dose there are unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.

I also noticed that while in the beginning coffee made me more alert and shit, those effects are no longer present. I need coffee now to be as alert and focused as before I started drinking it.

Essentially its influence is literally the same as all the other hard drug I used to be dependent on except for the severity of side effects, addiction and withdrawal symptoms.

I'm more retarded without my daily dose and I'm afraid to stop because I don't know how long would I need to start withing normally without it.
>>
>>8520062
Start having less and less each day until it's virtually nothing. This could take like 2/3 weeks.

After that (having half a spoonful a day), just go cold turkey
>>
>>8520062
Bullshit. I drink 8 to 10 a day but I could perfectly go from now to the last day of my life without another cup. It is all a placebo. Sometimes you get alert, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it is laxative, sometimes it does nothing. Your body regulates coffee like water. Drink zero cup and you wish a cup, drink one and you may want another one, drink 7 and you body says "well if we have an 8th fine, but we wouldn't die without it".
>>
I took 4000 mg once
I didn't know what was gonna happen so I drank a LOT of water
I was throwing up red stuff for like 12 hours
>>
>>8520113
>I drink 8 to 10 a day but I could perfectly go from now to the last day of my life without another cup

Yeah, go ahead and try just one day and you'll figure that, that is total bullshit
>>
already did it many times
>>
File: IMG_0192.gif (2MB, 624x352px)
IMG_0192.gif
2MB, 624x352px
Working at a caffe for 4 years gave me a unlimited supply of caffeine to get threw hours of hard work. This led to dependence. Dependence grew stronger.
I just went cold turkey 5 days ago and unless I keep my head perfectly still the pain is dizzying.
>>
>>8519251
From what I experience it enhances deep thinking and allows for connections to snap much easier, also didn't every "genius" for the past 100 years drink coffee? I passed college with A's because of caffeine and how much it enhances my thinking.
>>
>>8520118
>I took 4000 mg once
HAHAHA
Holy fuck, why did you do that?
You almost killed yourself.
>>
>>8520292
Well, I guess caffeine is not for me then.
>>
>>8519410
i take L theanine pills

should i take caffeine pills too?
>>
>>8521402
>i take L theanine pills
Why do you take them and what do you experience?
>>
>>8519251
first hand experience tells me that coffee is a boon to some degree unless you drink too much
>>
>>8521396
it started because some guy said 3500 was the best feeling ever
so I did the whole bottle to SEE if I would die
>>
>>8521401
Give theobromine a try, it's like a weaker caffeine so if you're getting all jittery and it's disrupting your thought process then it might work better.

As for me I actually enjoy that "high on crack" feeling I get when I stack caffeine and ephies
>>
>>8519251

Lmao
I took 600 mg preworkout a few times, I was on my way to ER every time.
>>
>>8521786
>I was on my way to ER every time.
Why did you take so much then?
>>
>>8521487
Absolute madman
>>
>>8521410
not him but I regularly theanine powder to my tea.

theanine+caffeine = alpha brainwave state with lots of energy and focus. It's like a high energy meditative state.

theanine alone (or too much) = very relaxed and chill

caffeine alone = lots of energy but makes my hands tremble and can increase my risk of anxiety attacks
>>
>>8522074
>theanine+caffeine = alpha brainwave state with lots of energy and focus. It's like a high energy meditative state.
Tell me about the dosage.
>>
>>8519256
What an ignorant caffeine shilling shitpost.

>>8519468
is right, and you certainly can get very intoxicated from larger doses of caffeine. It's basically the panic attack type of intoxication with extremely uncomfortable bodyload though, so caffeine is shitty even in that regard.
I hate caffeine so much.
>>
>>8522088
I add 100-200mg theanine to my green tea which naturally has 20-50mg.

I never add caffeine but sometimes I'll use black tea instead of green, which has more caffeine and less theanine. Dosing caffeine is tricky. You quickly become tolerant to caffeine so if you take it habitually your dose will need to be adjusted frequently. (note you don't become tolerant to theanine)
>>
>>8522074
I think it simply differs from person to person.

i drink 1-3 cups a day but sometimes i go week without drinking coffee at all, no difference.
tried l-theanine (800mg) and coffee pills (400mg), felt a little dizzy and sleepy in the first few hours, then normal
l-theanine in coffee, l-theanine alone, no difference

asked a friend (same coffee consumption 1-3 cups a day) to try the l-theanine+coffee method for me, hyper active for the whole day, couldn't sleep at all
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.