[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wana know the opinion of bright minds like /sci on the topic:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: a.jpg (6KB, 344x146px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
6KB, 344x146px
I wana know the opinion of bright minds like /sci on the topic:

If aliens are real, how old are they?
probably as a race like 5 milions years
gone trough shitload of evolution stages (probably were humans too)

why would they want to communicate with us at this point?
>>
>>8515362
>why would

sry i ment
why wouldnt*
>>
>>8515365
maybe they think we would kill ourselves with nukes if they apply pressure on our fragile establishments
>>
>>8515373

so theres basically no possibility "they" would contact anyone
>>
>>8515362
Maybe they're cool and naive enough to want to share all their knowledge/technology
>>
>>8515362
For fun and curiousity.
>>
File: welcum to.jpg (30KB, 472x354px) Image search: [Google]
welcum to.jpg
30KB, 472x354px
fugging
>>
>>8515362
>how old are they?
Anywhere from a few seconds to before this universe universed.
>why wouldn't they want to communicate with us at this point?
It could be any number of things; similar species are common in the universe, we're too dangerous, nothing to gain, we wouldn't even comprehend their messages, inter-species agreements not to communicate with species at our level, we're just boring, they don't want to interfere with species already involved with us etc...
>>
>>8515474
How do you know they can actually have fun? Maybe their evolutionary process was completely different and they all ended up being psychopaths, sociopaths or just sadistic motherfuckers
>>
File: icbm_observer.jpg (4KB, 202x202px) Image search: [Google]
icbm_observer.jpg
4KB, 202x202px
>>8515362
Do you contact the Squirrel Nation before deforesting their habitat?
>>8515373
>we would kill ourselves with nukes
Q: Why are they so interested in all things nuclear?
A: They want your planet intact, not a radiated wasteland. You are currently building the infrastructure for them to conquer you.
>>
File: Pepe-the-frog.jpg (61KB, 670x670px)
Pepe-the-frog.jpg
61KB, 670x670px
>>8515497
>You are currently building the infrastructure for them to conquer you.
>implying they haven't already conquered this solar system
>>
>>8515362
But can we fuck 'em?
>>
>>8515617

its not /b

its >>>/a/liens
>>
>>8515472
>cool and naive

sharing technology makes enemies
>>
>>8515362
>bright minds like /sci/
lol'd
>>
>>8515693
>>>/x/
>>
>>8515365
No you were right the first time. An advanced alien race probably wouldn't want to associate with a lower race and it especially wouldn't want to interfere with our evolutionary development because if we aren't at their advanced stage, we'd either end up scared of them and fight them, or we'd end up as their dependents and rely on them for everything since they are more advanced and have many answers to our questions. So it would hinder our development and make us like leeches to them. It would be like ripping open a cocoon to talk to the caterpillar in metamorphosis to ask it if it wants to be a butterfly.

The only reason an alien race would logically want to visit us is if they wanted to kill us.
>>
>>8515492
Wouldn't they just end up as solitary animals without any culture?
>>
>>8517333

>become psyhopaths
yes they could drop the culture and put science in the place of it
this way they could reach the level to leave their environment and reach stars
survival of the smartest
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.