[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be mathematically illiterate. >Take baby's first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 48544374.jpg (109KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
48544374.jpg
109KB, 400x400px
>Be mathematically illiterate.
>Take baby's first math class at community college.
>Work hard on math, do OK with a B average in the subject.
>Be in college algebra now.
>80% grade with final and one chapter exam to go.
>Worried I'll pass the class only as a technicality without really understanding all of the material well enough to advance on to Trig and calculus and do well in those subjects.
>Also worried I'll crash and burn and fail the course and have to retake the whole thing. ( I can repair my GPA by retaking the course, but it will hurt my completion ratio. I'm OK with retaking the class, but I don't want it to hurt my chances of going to a big university)
Not sure what to do. I feel like I haven't really "earned" even the shitty grade I have right now.
What should I do /sci/? I've come so far, yet still don't feel I understand the math I've learned.
>>
Just do extra problems in the book. Math skills are like a muscle. You gotta practice.
>>
I'm sorry you're in this pickle. I'm not a math expert and I'm only here to learn and see what I can find as well. My only reccomendation is going to the biggest book store in your area (or at least preffered) and find some science and math books. I know on vacation I found a "Books a Million" store with all sorts of cheap science and math books all under 20 bucks a piece. I know this price kicks the shit outta college mandated, although I can't confirm any of that would have what you're looking for. I'd say the best way to understand the math is practice problems. Tweak equations, test the math's limits, take into account contradictory evidence, repeat until satisfied. Best I can offer since tutors who give a fuck aren't around.
>>
>>8514057
1) Practice more.
2) Focus on understanding stuff instead of memorizing how to do particular textbook problems.
3) Practice more.
>>
Very good advice anons.
I do appreciate it, really.
What do I do if I say, fail the course?
Is it -that- bad to fail a course?
>>
>>8514097
nope, people fail all the time. it just means you have more work to do
>>
>>8514057
>What should I do /sci/? I've come so far, yet still don't feel I understand the math I've learned.

Work through Gelfand's Algebra
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.