[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Math has gone so breadth and deep that no one is expecte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

>Math has gone so breadth and deep that no one is expected to understand all topics
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-still-possible-for-a-mathematician-to-be-competent-in-most-of-the-areas-or-fields-of-mathematics/answer/Alon-Amit?srid=kdXy
>In 2010, while attending the International Congress of Mathematics, Gowers wrote:
>...I decided on two prodigies: Marianna Csörnyei and Jacob Lurie. Marianna I have known quite well for many years, and she works in areas that I can be expected to understand reasonably well (which is not quite the same as saying that I do understand them reasonably well, but in fact I do usually follow quite a bit of her talks). Jacob Lurie is the opposite: I had never met him, or even seen him, and had absolutely no chance of understanding anything he would say, so I was going for the sole purpose of gawping.

Is this true?
If so then is there a point in getting into math anymore?
I think I might kill myself now for the rest of my life I will never be able to grasp all of its beauty.
>>
Math is an abstract notation system anyway
>>
>>8514015

lol nigga did you expect to even get to masters level math, you fuckin pleb kill yourself you probably are only in calc 2
>>
>>8514022
Most of science is.
>>
>finished learning all of mathematics
>there is still infinite mathematics still yet to be discovered
>>
>>8514029
Well I was going to decide which field I would follow.
I thought I would go with some branches of Math but after seeing this, I'm not so sure anymore.
>>
>>8514035
You should just study what interests you and will also give you job security
>>
I want to learn ALLL the maths.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.