[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can cancer be OK in moderation? It seems like the medical industry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: GenericWhiteWojak.png (126KB, 619x757px) Image search: [Google]
GenericWhiteWojak.png
126KB, 619x757px
Can cancer be OK in moderation? It seems like the medical industry is being too aggressive about trying to find cancers as early as possible when in the past the people with these mild beginnings of cancer probably would've lived on just fine without knowing about it ever.
>>
if what you call a "mild" cancer were to metastasize you can die in literally a couple weeks. One day you have some tiny little cancer in your foot that doesn't bother you, and a month later it's gotten into your blood and you have growths on your brain-stem
>>
>>8511629

It doesn't always do that though. What about all the times when a cancer that wouldn't have been detected a hundred years ago emerges but then gets wrecked by the person's immune system and they live on like it never even happened?
>>
>>8511621
Cancer is bad. more than 10^9 cancer cells generally is incompatible with life.

However, sometimes new techniques are found to be overzealous, especially with slow growing cancers that don't usually metastasize.

Prostate cancer is a good example: the literature suggests that the outcomes are equivocal (when the PSA is low) between biopsy and not biopsying. The rate of complications, although low, is around the same rate of malignant cancers that would have otherwise been missed.
It is similar with treatments for prostate cancers as well: there was a trial where they were more or less using a particle accelerator to burn the prostate cancer out, but it had outcomes that were the same as conventional surgery.
>>
google "benign tumor" you twit
>>
>>8511621
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1480788474588.webm
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.